A doctor who lost a friend and fellow healthcare professional to coronavirus has called for the UK to recognise the contribution of migrant workers after the pandemic. This comes after several Filipino NHS workers have died after contracting coronavirus, including Sister Leilani Dayrit. Salah Hammouche is a former colleague of Ms Dayrit and suggested that NHS facilities could be named after professionals like her who lost their lives on the frontline of the outbreak. Ms Dayrit, a nurse from St Cross Hospital in Rugby, died on April 7 and is one of several Filipino NHS workers to die after contracting Covid-19 over the last week. NHS England has reported the death of 19 NHS staff members since the coronavirus epidemic. There are 19,463 Filipino staff working for the NHS hospital and community health services, according to NHS Digital’s June 2019 report. Ms Dayrit, a nurse from St Cross Hospital in Rugby, Warwickshire, died on April 7 and is one of the Filipino NHS workers to die after contracting coronavirus over the last week ‘She will be remembered as a very compassionate nurse, a hard-working nurse, as a mother… we will remember her as a friend,’ Mr Hammouche told PA news… Read full this story
- What Makes an American?
- Elder care homes rake in profits as workers earn a pittance
- Those on Florida’s front lines in the abortion battle know change is coming
- Five years later, Emory unit remains prepared for Ebola patients
- El Paso shooting: Latinos in America voice a new kind of fear
- The Dangerous Art of Pyotr Pavlensky
- The moon landing: Your stories
- Announcing the Houston Theater Awards 2019
- Beyond the Tiananmen Massacre
- Pay or Die
- The men who feel left out of abortion debate
- Gambit's 40 Under 40 in New Orleans: See the 2019 class
'We're happy to risk our lives so this country can overcome this pandemic': Doctor makes impassioned plea to recognise migrant workers on NHS front lines– as dead Filipino nurse's husband fights for his life have 282 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at April 14, 2020. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.