FREMONT (CBS SF/AP/BCN) — Tesla founder Elon Musk took to social media Saturday, posting that the automaker was headed to court to force the reopening of its Fremont assembly plant and threatening to move the operation out of California. The battle between Musk and Alameda County officials has been simmering since March when a restrictive stay-at-home order was put into place. After keeping the doors of the plant open for a few days, claiming Tesla was an essential business and allowed to remain open under the mandate, Musk closed the facility when the Alameda County Sheriff’s Department threatened to take action. On Saturday, Musk fired off a series of tweets, pronouncing the company’s next move. “Tesla is filing a lawsuit against Alameda County immediately,” the first Twitter post read. “The unelected & ignorant “Interim Health Officer” of Alameda is acting contrary to the Governor, the President, our Constitutional freedoms & just plain common sense! — Elon Musk @elonmusk He followed with “Frankly, this is the final straw. Tesla will now move its HQ and future programs to Texas/Nevada immediately. If we even retain Fremont manufacturing activity at all, it will be dependen on how Tesla is treated in the future…. Read full this story
- Tesla's Hot Wheels production line: Elon Musk shows off the workshop of giant casting machines that make cells for his electric cars
- Elon Musk promises $25,000 Tesla and says Model S 'Plaid' is coming soon
- Elon Musk ‘has told friends he’s planning to move to Texas’ weeks after becoming world’s 2nd richest person
- SpaceX simplified: Everything you need to know about Elon Musk's rocket empire
- Elon Musk tears into the 'West Coast high tech' who have turned into the 'de facto arbiter of free speech' after Amazon scrubbed Parler from the internet
- Opinion: Tesla's rise should cheer climate change campaigners
- Dominic Raab hints people WON'T get second Covid jabs within 12 weeks and says some first injections might not be before September - despite 10 new vaccine hubs and Hancock claim that we are 'in home straight'
- Kerala Assembly discusses no-trust motion against Speaker
- Piers Morgan demands Gavin Williamson RESIGN in furious clash saying ‘you’ve failed kids’
- Tesla sues ex-employee over alleged 'brazen' theft of confidential code, files
- Top news of the day: Farmers to continue stir despite Supreme Court stay on farm laws; government stores receive over 54 lakh COVID-19 vaccine doses, and more
- Now schools face a 'postcode lottery' for reopening - as top medic Dr Jenny Harries warns it is 'likely' they will return at different times and hints they WILL remain closed until after Easter
Coronavirus Update: Elon Musk Says Tesla Going To Court To Force Reopening Of Fremont Assembly Plant have 425 words, post on sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com at May 9, 2020. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.