Tien Sa Port in Da Nang city (Photo: qdnd.vn) Da Nang (VNA) – Da Nang is among 28 coastal cities and provinces with deep-water ports that favour the growth of a maritime economy. The central city has adopted various policies and solutions to manage, protect, and optimise its marine potential and strengths in a sustainable manner. To encourage local fishermen to continue to head out to sea and to ease pressure on inshore fishing, the city issued a decision in 2012 with policies on building new vessels, according to the city’s Department of Agriculture and Rural Development. Apart from financial support ranging from 500 million VND (21,400 USD) to 800 million VND per a new ship, the city has exempted registration fees for boat owners. With such incentives, 184 boats valued at more than 120 billion VND and with a capacity of at least 400CV were churned out between 2012 and the end of 2019, raising the total number of fishing boats in the city to over 1,250 with a combined capacity of 381,508 CV. Da Nang has also helped fishermen with product preservation, job transfers, and modern equipment. Its annual seafood catches are estimated at 38,500 to 43,000 tonnes,… Read full this story
- Delaware port officials weigh expansion of state's maritime economy
- DA candidates eye forfeiture money for drug court
- Rockland DA, hospital eye overprescribing docs
- Grand Canyon basketball, Dan Majerle eye national splash with NCAA Tournament eligibility
- Why Hurricane Harvey could hurt U.S. economy: 'Houston is not just an oil town anymore'
- President Obama stresses improved economy, fight against terrorism in forward-looking State of the Union address
- President Obama calls GOP opposition to debt limit ’deadbeat’ in speech about economy
- Forecast: U.S. economy will get a boost and grow 2.4%, but jobless rate probably won’t fall below 8.6%
- New jobs report: US economy adds 171,000 jobs in October, unemployment rate rises to 7.9%
- Can Rand Paul's Stimulus Plan Save Detroit's Economy?
- Corporate investing and consumer spending help accelerate U.S. economy in the second quarter
- Let it flow: Vladimir Putin calls for cheaper vodka as Russian economy stumbles
Da Nang eyes becoming national maritime economy hub have 329 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at May 11, 2020. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.