(CNN)Have you ever felt a powerful feeling of relaxation wash over you as you took a bite of a fresh-baked cookie or your mother’s biscuits and gravy? If you’ve adopted a vegan diet, you might miss those experiences. You’d think it would be hard to make “veganized” versions of traditional comfort foods taste just as good as those food items that are now but distant memories. But the developments in the vegan food industry, growing acceptance of the diet and proliferation of talented vegan food bloggers in the last several years make indulgent vegan comfort food an achievable feat. Comfort food is usually high in calories, from sugar and/or carbohydrates, according to a 2017 review in the International Journal of Gastronomy and Food Science. Read More The dish reminds us of childhood, home cooking, loved ones or holidays. The food is soft and warm. It’s sweet, salty or umami. It addresses senses such as smell, taste and touch, or what it feels like in our mouths. “I think, for most people, comfort food is nostalgic,” said Dee Pernell, a naturopathic physician and founder and CEO of First Batch Artisan Foods, an ice cream parlor in Atlanta. “It’s heavy; it’s warm;… Read full this story
- All of the TikTok Chefs and Food Stars You Should Be Following Right Now
- Brilliant breakfasts: 10 delicious, healthy ways to start the day – from shakshuka to pancakes
- The best tech gift ideas for mom this Mother’s Day
- Mouthwatering meals for one: Jerk pork with pineapple salsa, chicken yakitori skewers, and a Spanish tortilla with pepper salad... these tasty yet low-calorie recipes will pep up your lockdown - even if you're flying solo
- Banana bread is having a moment
- Simon Cowell weight loss – how did the BGT judge lose weight?
- Struggling with manky manicures, lank lockdown locks and stressed skin? Here's how to nail quarantine self-care with ONE quick change...
- What It’s Like to Be Unable to Bear the Sound of Someone Eating
- 11 easy dinners you can make with basic pantry staples
- The best iPhone apps (April 2020)
- Why I can live without eating meat in the pandemic
It's vegan comfort food. Really. have 353 words, post on edition.cnn.com at May 22, 2020. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.