Members of Shiv Sena, Punjab, and parents of students from various schools in Ludhiana held a protest outside the residence of Ludhiana central constituency MLA Surinder Dawar on Saturday over private schools charging tuition fees amid the Covid-19 lockdown. They submitted a memorandum to the MLA who assured the parents that the matter would be taken up with the education minister.Chairman of Shiv Sena, Punjab, Rajiv Tandon, said, “Private schools have been sending messages on WhatsApp groups created by teachers and highlighting the students whose parents have not submitted the fee. They should not be allowed to charge fees as classes have been suspended. The government needs to intervene and take a decision to provide relief to the parents.”“Parents have taken huge economic losses and lost jobs in the last two months. How will they pay the fee? If the state government fails to provide relief, then we will continue protesting,” he added.On May 27, the members protested outside the deputy commissioner’s office and submitted a memorandum to him.
- Sanjay Raut’s wife to be quizzed: Shiv Sena to put up show of strength outside ED’s Mumbai office
- 3-month extension for SWaCH meets protests
- An arts school for poor kid comes up at Singhu protest site
- Schools could stay shut BEYOND February half-term: Michael Gove says children will 'SUFFER' by being kept at home... but admits ministers will only REVIEW return to classes in six weeks
- #EndSARS, Pro-SARS protesters clash in Abuja
- PMC Bank scam: Sanjay Raut's wife Varsha reaches ED office for questioning
- I am working for migrants purely out of love for them: Sonu Sood
- PMC Bank scam: ED issues fresh summon to Sanjay Raut's wife for questioning on Jan 5th
- Muzaffarpur minor gang rape accused arrested after multiple raids
- Deadline’s Disruptors To Remember In A Year To Forget
- Citizens irked over politicos claiming credit of civic work
- Burning the furniture: my life as a consumer
Punjab Shiv Sena, parents protest outside MLA’s house over fee collection by schools in Ludhiana have 314 words, post on www.hindustantimes.com at May 31, 2020. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.