Members of Shiv Sena, Punjab, and parents of students from various schools in Ludhiana held a protest outside the residence of Ludhiana central constituency MLA Surinder Dawar on Saturday over private schools charging tuition fees amid the Covid-19 lockdown. They submitted a memorandum to the MLA who assured the parents that the matter would be taken up with the education minister.Chairman of Shiv Sena, Punjab, Rajiv Tandon, said, “Private schools have been sending messages on WhatsApp groups created by teachers and highlighting the students whose parents have not submitted the fee. They should not be allowed to charge fees as classes have been suspended. The government needs to intervene and take a decision to provide relief to the parents.”“Parents have taken huge economic losses and lost jobs in the last two months. How will they pay the fee? If the state government fails to provide relief, then we will continue protesting,” he added.On May 27, the members protested outside the deputy commissioner’s office and submitted a memorandum to him.
- Tucker Carlson Weighs in on Protesters Outside His House: ‘It’s Totalitarian in Its Intent’
- Maharashtra CM row: Shiv Sena ‘in touch’ with Congress, NCP
- Shiv Sena workers stage protest in theatre before screening of Nawazuddin Siddiqui's 'Thackeray'
- Speed limits outside seven Northern Ireland primary schools to be cut to 20mph
- Diverse, positive images: Portraits of students decorate the outside of Green Run High School
- Protests Outside Tucker Carlson’s Home Being Investigated as a Hate Crime
- Ann Coulter On OWS: Walking Past Soros’ House To Protest Outside Murdoch’s Apartment
- Lawyers protest outside Bronx courthouse after ICE agents arrest immigrant: 'No one's safe here'
- Emily Ratajkowski arrested during protest outside Washington
- WATCH: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Joins Protest Outside Pelosi’s Office
- WATCH LIVE: Students Gather Outside White House for Gun Reform Protest
- Fox Business Anchor Gerri Willis Cuts Up Her BoA Card Up In Protest Of $5 Monthly Fee
Punjab Shiv Sena, parents protest outside MLA’s house over fee collection by schools in Ludhiana have 310 words, post on www.hindustantimes.com at May 31, 2020. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.