Priti Patel dampened hopes of Britons desperate to jet off on holiday as soon as possible today, warning that quarantine-free ‘air bridges’ will not be up and running ‘overnight’. The Home Secretary spoke out after travel companies reported their biggest Saturday sales ever as bargain hunters rushed to book before a ‘traffic light system’ is introduced this week. The plan to allow Brits go on holiday to the safest destinations without having to quarantine for 14 days is expected to come into force on July 6. The Foreign Office will also lift its advice against ‘all but essential travel’ to low or medium-risk destinations, making it possible to obtain travel insurance. But Speaking to Sky News’ Ridge on Sunday today, Ms Patel said that there may be some heavy negotiations ahead before some countries allow UK residents to travel. She said: ‘There will be an announcement in the next few days ahead, the review point is tomorrow, which is what the Government has outlined. ‘You will have to, along with members of the public, listen to the advice, see what the government is saying in terms of the countries that we are going to be opening up with, who we… Read full this story
- Being an EU citizen in the UK was hard enough. Now Priti Patel has made it worse
- Prince William leaves Kensington Palace the morning after crunch Sandringham Summit while royal negotiators start hammering out Megxit questions over couple's funding and titles
- Prince Charles 'will fund Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s new life out of his own investment income for a year' - but his friends warn the Sussexes this pot of cash is 'not inexhaustible'
- Charles is 'hurt' after giving millions of his OWN cash to Meghan and Harry: Prince used private income to furnish couple's home and pay for wedding to 'help embrace daughter-in-law into family'
- Prince Harry and Meghan’s royal family rift sparks national debate about racism in modern-day Britain
- Brutal cold follows massive East Coast winter storm -- live updates
- A 'water tower' rooftop bar and breathtaking views of the Manhattan skyline: Inside one of New York's most Instagram-worthy hotels
- Prince Andrew faces losing armed guard as Home Office recommends major downgrade of security after Jeffrey Epstein scandal
- Daily updates as Sky heads into Antarctic wilderness
- Cooler weekend ahead as temperatures drop below 30C for the first time in a week... but the scorching weather will be back with 35C highs by Wednesday
- Back in the fold! Queen makes VERY public show of support for Prince Andrew as he's seen by her side for the first time since car crash BBC interview... less than 24 hours after Megxit deal is finalised
- Inside ‘paedo paradise’ The Gambia where sex beasts are buying African children and toddlers to rape
Don't pack your toothbrush just yet: Priti Patel warns Britons desperate to jet off on holiday that air bridges will not happen 'overnight' and the UK still needs to negotiate with countries to lift quarantine rules have 452 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at June 28, 2020. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.