Police intercepted the Reading terror suspect on the street just hours before he allegedly went on the rampage, the Daily Mail can reveal. A specialist mental health team was asked to search for Khairi Saadallah after officials failed to find him during a routine check at his home last Friday. Later that evening, just before midnight, he was found on a street in Reading, sources disclosed. Saadallah is believed to have then been taken home to his council flat in the south of the town – and just hours later is alleged to have stabbed three men to death as they sat in a local park, Forbury Gardens. Several police and psychiatric nurses, known as a ‘street triage’ team run jointly by Thames Valley Police and the NHS, encountered the 25-year-old Libyan after an alert was raised as part of his psychiatric care, sources said. It came as a former Labour justice minister revealed in the Commons that Saadallah had been released from prison just 16 days before being arrested over the terror attack. Maria Eagle said: ‘The person who has been arrested suspected of these offences has been reported as being of interest to the security services as a… Read full this story
- Texas Gov. Abbott vowed to offer mental health help for all in Uvalde, but residents point to roadblocks.
- Florida school shooting suspect refused mental health services at 18, superintendent says
- Man, 34, killed himself when cops wrongly named him as a paedophile after he was arrested for Greggs sausage roll theft
- Sir David Attenborough health: Star is ‘coming to terms’ with memory loss - natural ageing
- At least TWO DOZEN people are killed and 90 more are injured in spasm of gun violence across the US over the weekend
- How the War on Terror Has Militarized the Police
- Dorothy was hiding in a police safe house, but it was her protectors who were the real threat
- Girl, 12, raped hours after police ignored her pleas for help
- 662 Days, 14 COVID Tests, and Endless Granola Bars: My Journey Back to China
- Prime Minister Theresa May Pays Tribute To Officers Who Protected Her And Rushed To Victims In London Attack
- Oklahoma gunman who killed four people targeted surgeon he blamed for back pain
- Buffalo's Black residents receive warm embrace after mass shooting but worry about what happens 'when the hugs stop'
Police stopped Reading terror suspect A DAY before attack: Khairi Saadallah was found wandering the streets by mental health team after missing a check hours before he 'killed three people' as it emerges he was on government's deradicalisation programme have 377 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at June 22, 2020. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.