An endeavor to preserve the Cham Pa culture By Huynh Van My Maily in a yellow long dress talks about some traits of the Cham Pa culture while trays of sakaya cakes are on the table Initially intent on building her career in HCMC, Kieu Maily had to leave the city in the end. However, it was her time spent in this city that gave rise to her current endeavor whereby she tries to make her own Cham Pa culture known to visitors. Maily is running a homestay service in Hoi An ancient city in Quang Nam Province. Although the income remains humble now, Maily hopes what she is doing may help visitors get closer to the vast space of the Cham Pa culture. The house leased by Kieu Maily, a woman of the Cham ethnic minority origin, to provide homestays is in the north of Cua Dai Bridge. Foreign guests have yet to return to Hoi An because of the still effective Covid-19 pandemic. Yet Maily is preparing dinner for a group of local guests who arrive in Hoi An from Danang. Maily does many things at the house herself. She cooks Cham dishes. She briefs the guests on… Read full this story
- My Son Sanctuary receives ancient Cham script books
- World's Leading Cultural Tourist Attraction 2019
- Exhibits at Cham Sculpture Museum on 100th anniversary
- Vietnam, Laos to co-operate in Indochinese archival preservation
- Ernesto Weisburg on Funs Things to Do Around Allentown, PA
- Ancient Chăm tower excavated in central province
- Mysteries of My Son Sanctuary unveiled through restoration
- Mỹ Sơn Sanctuary receives ancient Chăm script books
- Richard Rogers: 'The street is where society comes into itself'
- She Runs Ryan Murphy's Company and Moonlights as a Downtown L.A. Restaurateur
- Inside the Decade-Long Russian Campaign to Infiltrate the NRA and Help Elect Trump
- Migrants who changed county’s face featured in new exhibit
An endeavor to preserve the Cham Pa culture have 305 words, post on english.thesaigontimes.vn at July 5, 2020. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.