Mexico City (CNN)Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi announced a $1 billion loan to Latin America and the Caribbean for Covid-19 vaccine access during a virtual gathering with his Latin American counterparts on Wednesday, according to a statement released by the Mexican Foreign Affairs Ministry. “China’s Foreign Minister said that the vaccine developed in his country will be a public benefit of universal access, and that his country will designate a loan of $1 billion to support access [to the vaccine] for the nations of the region,” the statement said. During a daily briefing on Thursday, Mexican President Andrés Manuel López Obrador thanked China after the loan announcement. “We’re very grateful to China, with the Chinese government, the President — you remember I had the chance to speak to him on the phone — we asked him for support with medical equipment, there have been many aid flights coming from China.” In Venezuela, US sanctions are only hurting “There’s always been enough equipment supply, medicines, and now there is this offer,” he added. Read More The virtual meeting on Wednesday was led by Mexico’s Foreign Affairs Minister, Marcelo Ebrard, and Wang Yi. Their counterparts from Argentina, Barbados, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica,… Read full this story
- ADB allocates USD 20 million to help developing members access Covid-19 vaccines
- Officials will discuss Xi’s offer of cooperation with India to develop COVID-19 vaccine: China
- People are traveling across China in the hopes of getting an experimental Covid-19 vaccine shot
- ADB allocates over 20 mln USD to help developing members access COVID-19 vaccines
- COVID-19 vaccine update: What you should know today
- British AstraZeneca to Conduct Another Trial Before Widely Distributing COVID-19 Vaccine
- Study says Oxford’s COVID-19 vaccine produced strong response in older adults
- AstraZeneca must prove claim to cheapest Covid-19 vaccine: MSF
- Covid-19 vaccine trial paused after unexplained illness
- When and how will COVID-19 vaccines become available?
- COVID-19 vaccines: When and how will it become available; explained
- Chinese President Xi Jinping offers to cooperate with India, BRICS countries to develop COVID-19 vaccine
China offers $1 billion loan to Latin America and the Caribbean for access to its Covid-19 vaccine have 330 words, post on edition.cnn.com at July 23, 2020. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.