UK passport applications that have been delayed by the backlog caused by the coronavirus will be expedited if people are due to go on holiday within two weeks, the Government has announced. The Passport Office said that, in an effort to tackle the backlog and ensure people’s travel plans are not affected, customers who have been waiting for more than four weeks will receive their passport within five working days. The new measures, which come into effect immediately, will require applicants to prove they are due to travel within two weeks. The Home Office has announced new measures to tackle the passport backlog caused by coronavirus pandemic which means customers may receive their passport within five working days if they’ve been waiting for more than a month and are due to travel within two weeks Britons applying for passports are having to wait up to four months for their applications to be processed but new rules mean their application could be expedited if they meet requirements The announcement comes after latest figures revealed Passport Office workers are wrestling with a backlog of more than 400,000 applications as a result of delays caused by the coronavirus pandemic. Reduced staffing to allow… Read full this story
- Inside Trump’s immigration tent courts: Controversial system meant to fast-track asylum backlog
- Queen Elizabeth approves UK prime minister's request to suspend parliament
- North Korea - Holiday in a Secret State
- Weekend Breaks - For a Quick and Easy Holiday
- Trump made 129 false claims last week
- Mother had to have her eye removed after she POPPED her cornea while drying her face with a towel on holiday
- Is Your UK Photo Card Driving License Still Valid?
- GOP Sen. Kennedy Blocks Democrat Bill to Import More Indian Workers
- The Dunkirk spirit: how cinema is shaping Britain’s identity in the Brexit era
- Harry Dunn death: Is extraditing Anne Sacoolas a realistic prospect?
- Edited Transcript of GWPH.O earnings conference call or presentation 6-Aug-19 8:30pm GMT
- Advice on Applying For Cash Advance Loans
UK passport applications will be fast-tracked in five days for Britons going on holiday in the next two weeks - as government battles with 400,000 Covid backlog have 327 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at July 25, 2020. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.