Forty-two suspects were charged following the looting and unrest in Chicago on Sunday, Cook County State’s Attorney Kim Foxx announced Thursday.“As of today, the Chicago Police Department (CPD) has sought felony charges in 43 cases related to the events Sunday night. Forty-two of those cases have been approved,” the press release said. “In the case where the Cook County State’s Attorney’s Office (CCSAO) declined to file felony charges, the CPD detectives concurred with not charging a felony,” the release continued. The charges listed were 28 for burglary and looting, six for gun possession, five for aggravated battery or resisting a police officer, one each for theft and criminal damage to property, and one for attempted murder. Foxx commented: The State’s Attorney Office is ready and available to review cases brought to us by law enforcement and to charge those cases when appropriate. I am committed to keeping our communities safe and continuing to collaborate with our law enforcement partners to demand accountability and seek justice for the people of Cook County. However, a recent analysis by the Chicago Tribune found the attorney had “dropped over 25,000 felony cases, including charges of murder and the alleged hate crime hoax from former… Read full this story
- Chicago prosecutors expunge 15,000 cannabis convictions
- Chicago Man Charged With Shooting Five People While Out On Bail For Possessing Firearm As A Felon | The Daily Wire
- Ex-Goldman Sachs banker Roger Ng is convicted in plot to loot $4.5 billion from 1MDB fund
- Ex-Goldman Sachs banker convicted in plot to loot 1MDB fund
- With City So Real, Steve James lets Chicago speak for itself
- Tucker Carlson: When the law is applied on the basis of skin color, people die
- Mayor Breed promised to bring tough love to the troubled Tenderloin. Did she deliver?
- Three of Lina Hidalgo’s aides, including chief of staff, indicted in Harris County contract award scandal
- Man blaming Trump's 'orders' for riot actions found guilty
- Jussie Smollett releases song ‘Thank You God’ after being freed from jail with lyrics about ‘killing his reputation’
- US Capitol riot: Man blaming Trump's 'orders' for his actions found guilty
- Oak Forest Man Pleads Guilty To Firing Gun During Protests: Feds
Chicago Prosecutor Kim Foxx: 42 Charged with Felonies Related to Looting Spree have 354 words, post on www.breitbart.com at August 15, 2020. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.