Nearly 23 million Vietnamese students officially began their 2020-21 academic year on Saturday, when schools across the country kickstarted the new school year amid the ‘new normal’ of implementing COVID-19 prevention and control rules. Schools across 63 Vietnamese cities and provinces, except Da Nang — the country's COVID-19 outbreak epicenter at the moment, held school opening ceremonies in a brief manner on Saturday morning. The ceremonies were largely symbolic as students in some localities had already resumed school earlier this week. Schools are tasked with actively building their own education plans so as to be prepared for every situation of pandemic developments and avoid interruptions to teaching activities. A group of students takes a ‘wefie’ while attending the school opening ceremony at Phu Nhuan High School in Phu Nhuan District, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, September 5, 2020. Photo: Ngoc Phuong / Tuoi Tre It is estimated that Hanoi’s nearly 2,800 schools will welcome more than 2.1 million students this school year, an increase of 68,000 students from the previous year. The capital city said it has ensured that 100 percent of the local schools are well-prepared for COVID-19 prevention and control. In Ho Chi Minh City, the municipal chairman Nguyen Thanh Phong attended the school opening ceremony at… Read full this story
- Why New York Has Such Strange Rules About Alcohol
- Vietnam-Australia strategic partnership makes impressive progress: expert
- Stony Brook University to Receive $500 Million, an Uncommonly Large Gift
- One year later, Los Angeles college grads reflect on having their student debt wiped out
- Senate votes to kill $400 billion student loan handout, sets up fifth Biden veto
- The Student Loan Payment Pause Is Ending. Here’s How to Prepare.
- Biden’s Title IX changes mean this locker room horror is coming to a school near you
- A Family Home, Hidden Messages, POW History Recalled In New Book
- Vietnam tourism forecast to see robust growth as visa restrictions relaxed: HSBC
- Vietnam to consider downgrading COVID-19 to flu-like status
- New Mexico implements ban on oil and gas leases near schools amid pollution concerns
- Boston University President Blasts ‘Abusive’ Students For Shouting Down Warner Bros. Head Zaslav
23 million students enter new school year in Vietnam amid pandemic have 337 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at September 5, 2020. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.