This story is part of Apple Event , our full coverage of the latest news from Apple headquarters. Apple is changing its App Store rules to allow game streaming services, which let people play video games over the internet in a way that’s similar to how they stream movies on Netflix. The move marks the iPhone maker’s acknowledgement of the changing ways some people are playing video games . Apple said the new rules will allow apps that connect to game streaming services such as Sony’s PlayStation Now, Microsoft’s Xbox xCloud, Google’s Stadia and Nvidia’s GeForce Now . But there’s a catch. Cut through the chatter Subscribe to CNET’s Mobile newsletter for the latest phone news and reviews. Apple won’t simply let the game companies publish an app like movie and TV companies do. Instead, game streaming firms are required to submit an app for each individual game on their service, which Apple will then review just like any of the other 1.8 million programs in the App Store. Now playing: Watch this: My impressions of Microsoft xCloud after one week 5:27 As a result, people who want to use a game streaming service will find its associated games on… Read full this story
- Apple's App Store turns five and digital gaming has been changed forever
- Bang With Friends returns to App Store as 'Down'
- Apple Music storms into battle for streaming tunes fans
- Knicks release new 'MSG Go' app to stream games and it couldn't come at worse time
- Adele admits she may change her tune on fans streaming ‘25,’ performs ‘Million Years Ago’ on ‘Today’ show
- iTunes at 10: How Apple's music store has transformed the industry
- Boyfriend Trainer, controversial smartphone app, ripped for endorsing domestic violence
- Apple juices up iPhones, adds colors
- 'Pokémon Go' maker says full Google access an 'error'
- No more IOUs: These apps let you pay your friends
- Apple iOS 'Masque Attack' bug lets hackers install fake, malicious apps on iPhones, iPads: report
- Tinder parody app ‘Hinder’ lets users swipe left against right-wing politicians
Apple changes App Store rules to allow streaming game services, Xbox says not enough have 332 words, post on www.cnet.com at September 11, 2020. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.