Illustrative photo (Source: VNA) Kien Giang (VNA) – The southern province of Kien Giang earned over 544 million USD from exports in the January-September period, up 14.11 percent from the same period last year, despite the COVID-19 pandemic. Some export items posted high growth in volume were rice with 375,276 tonnes (up 30.5 percent), frozen shrimp with 3,339 tonnes (up 16.8 percent), other frozen seafood 14,432 tonnes (up 40.1 percent), and canned products 5,463 tonnes (up 65.9 percent). The provincial Department of Industry and Trade said Kien Giang is working towards the goal of between 690-780 million USD worth of exports this year, up around 1.36 percent from 2019. The department's director Ngo Cong Tuoc said the authorities will keep a close watch of production and business activities so as to provide timely assistance when necessary. The province will intensify trade promotion activities to resume ties with markets where the pandemic has been put under control There are more than 40 enterprises operating in export in the province, which ship goods to over 40 markets in the world. In addition, Kien Giang's border trade with Cambodia also increased 10.65 percent year on year to 167 million USD./. VNA
- Rs 156,000 crore: Shareholders earned this last year
- ExpressVPN's Black Friday deal gives you 3 months free with the 1-year plan
- 'I know it's taboo but I'm comfortable': 'Sugar baby', 26, earns $50K per year dating older men as the trend continues to grow in Australia despite experts calling it 'dangerous'
- New farming models increase incomes in Kien Giang
- New farming models increase incomes in Kiên Giang
- Schools ready for new school year in early September
- Export of agriculture – forestry – aquatic products reaches nearly $ 30 bln
- Vietnam attracts 31.8 billion USD in FDI in 11 months
- Guangdong exports up 1.2% in first 10 months
- Why India needs to stop betting on MEIS scheme to boost exports
- Thailand’s cross-border trade slightly decreases in 10 months
- Study Reveals Almost Half of US Arms Exports Went to Middle East in 2013-2017
Kien Giang: Nine-month export earnings up over 14 percent year on year have 305 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at September 21, 2020. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.