Illustrative photo (Source: VNA) Kien Giang (VNA) – The southern province of Kien Giang earned over 544 million USD from exports in the January-September period, up 14.11 percent from the same period last year, despite the COVID-19 pandemic. Some export items posted high growth in volume were rice with 375,276 tonnes (up 30.5 percent), frozen shrimp with 3,339 tonnes (up 16.8 percent), other frozen seafood 14,432 tonnes (up 40.1 percent), and canned products 5,463 tonnes (up 65.9 percent). The provincial Department of Industry and Trade said Kien Giang is working towards the goal of between 690-780 million USD worth of exports this year, up around 1.36 percent from 2019. The department's director Ngo Cong Tuoc said the authorities will keep a close watch of production and business activities so as to provide timely assistance when necessary. The province will intensify trade promotion activities to resume ties with markets where the pandemic has been put under control There are more than 40 enterprises operating in export in the province, which ship goods to over 40 markets in the world. In addition, Kien Giang's border trade with Cambodia also increased 10.65 percent year on year to 167 million USD./. VNA
- Aquatic exports enjoy 25 percent growth last month
- Việt Nam’s rice exports signal a favourable year in 2022
- Viet Nam’s rice exports signal a favourable year in 2022
- Queen Elizabeth news latest – How YOU could earn £30k a year to work closely with Her Majesty as she advertises new job
- Dragon fruit sold for $1 per 6 kilograms as China remains inaccessible to exporters
- Man admired for superb coconut climbing skills in Vietnam’s Kien Giang Province
- An Giang Province spends over US$23 mln for Chau Doc bridge project
- Hotels fully booked month before Reunification Day holiday
- Vietnam’s rice exports signal a favourable year in 2022
- Explained | How did India's exports cross $400 billion for the first time ever in FY22?
- An Giang develops hi-tech vegetable farming for export
- ‘UK trade decimated’ Rejoiners fume at ‘Brexit year two’ after 14% export hammer blow
Kien Giang: Nine-month export earnings up over 14 percent year on year have 318 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at September 21, 2020. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.