A sea dyke in Kien Giang (Photo: VNA) Kien Giang (VNA) – The Mekong Delta province of Kien Giang has earmarked 680 million VND (29,300 USD) to provide relief for households affected by natural disasters in five districts so far this year. It plans to provide 4.5 million VND (200 USD) each to households in which someone was killed in a natural disaster and 1.5 million VND if someone was injured. The province will provide 2.4-6 million VND (105-260 USD) to 76 families whose houses were flattened and 500,000-2 million VND (21-260 USD) to 136 households who lost their roof. Natural disasters have killed one person and injured two this year. Heavy rains and strong winds destroyed, inundated or blew the roof off 632 houses. They have damaged thousands of hectares of rice and other crops. Strong winds sank 11 boats at sea. Strong waves and high tides have eroded coastal dykes, especially in the west in An Minh district's Van Khanh Tay commune. In all, natural disasters have caused estimated losses of 11.5 billion VND (500,000 USD), according to the provincial People's Committee. The province, the country's largest rice producer, is expected to have unpredictable weather and suffer from more… Read full this story
- The Latest: UN will press global community for cyclone aid
- Post north Karnataka floods, TISS offers to assist in disaster mitigation, relief work
- 'I Have Rights:' How Undocumented Laborers Are Exploited During Disaster Recovery
- The Oxfam scandal is just one aspect of the aid industry's ugly power problem
- Gov. Brown joins demand for Congress to get moving on billions in disaster aid
- ‘I couldn’t fight to get my children back’: the impact of legal aid cuts
- The Secret Barrister: 'Without legal aid, the rule of law collapses'
- Official response to the West Pokot landslide disaster wanting
- CWA's plea for extra funding to help drought-affected families rejected
- Opinion: We Disrupted The Harvard–Yale Game Because Our Schools Profit From Disaster
- China donates 800,000 USD in humanitarian aid to Zimbabwe
- China provides satellite data to assist India in flood relief
Kien Giang to provide aid to households affected by natural disasters have 328 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at September 11, 2020. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.