Alibaba scores Olympic Games deal through to 2028 Watch Now In 2017, Alibaba signed with the International Olympic Committee to be the official cloud service partner of the Olympics through to 2028. The deal covers three summer and three winter Olympic Games.”We are aiming to empower smarter Olympics and sports with innovations in cloud computing and the intelligence technologies,” Alibaba Cloud Intelligence president for international business Selina Yuan said during the company’s virtual Apsara Conference 2020 on Thursday. See also: Alibaba unveils Cloud 2.0, Wuying cloud computer, and Xiaomanlv logistics robotIn 2018, Alibaba unveiled the “cloud data centre” for the Beijing 2022 Winter Olympic games. Yuan said the data centre utilises clean energy such as wind and solar energy to make it a “green digital Olympics”. In the same year, the Olympic Broadcasting Service (OBS) cloud was launched to drive what Yuan called the technology revolution of live Olympic games broadcasting.Presenting alongside Yuan was OBS CEO Yannis Exarchos, who said the deal with the Chinese giant allows the broadcasting service to deliver “groundbreaking” solutions that operate on the Alibaba cloud.”This cloud architecture allows us to establish our framework in the digital space and supports the extremely demanding content production and… Read full this story
- Hannah Cockroft discusses dealing with Paralympics postponement on Sky Sports' Rise With Us
- Peacock Streaming Service: Everything you need to know about it
- Tokyo 2020: Olympic athletes to be tested for Covid-19 at least once every four days at rearranged Games
- Female Athletes, Activists Seek to Protect Women from Biden Executive Order Mandating Transgender Inclusion in Sports
- Spark Sport promise to cover all Super Smash Twenty20 matches in future
- Private equity giant CVC aims to score with $300m global volleyball deal
- Does Peacock Need the Olympics?
- Badminton World Tour Finals live stream: How to watch all of the action from Thailand online from anywhere
- Bobsled world championships headline winter sports TV schedule
- Countdown to Beijing 2022: Olympic torch unveiled in one-year countdown to Beijing 2022
- Peacock Reveals Launch Date, Pricing And Exclusive Olympic & Premier League Programming
- 2021 World Alpine Skiing Championships TV, live stream schedule
Olympic Broadcasting Service aims to set sport streaming benchmark with Alibaba have 334 words, post on www.zdnet.com at September 18, 2020. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.