Thuy Xuan incense-making village, located some 7km southwest of the central city of Hue, has become a popular tourist destination. The 700-year-old craft not only offers stable income to locals but is also part of the spiritual heritage of the former imperial capital. Visitors pray at a big incense jar at the entrance of at Thien Mu Pagoda in Hue City. — VNS Photos Truong Vi Many Asian people believe that burning incense can link the living with the dead. The dead’s spirits can follow the smell of incense to appear and enjoy offerings. Hue people tend to burn incense at sunset to commemorate their ancestors. The village is situated on Huyen Tran Cong Chua Road, at the foot of Vong Canh Hill by the romantic Huong River, a must-go destination to visitors. At the entrance of the village, though you can’t see any incense, you will surely smell it. Incense with various colours dried under the sun in the village. Colourful bunches of incense dry in the sun all over the village. They look like bunches of flowers with a strong fragrance spreading everywhere. Almost everyone in the village is part of the incense making process, though they now use machines in… Read full this story
- Carp are centerpiece of village's tourist attractions
- How many Madeleine McCann ‘sightings’ have there been?
- Warning for Bali tourists as crackdown on 'irresponsible' expats flouting social distancing rules sees a yoga guru DEPORTED from the island paradise
- Banh Gai - a speciality of Mia village, Thanh Hoa province
- Leaf me alone! Plants use odour camouflage tricks to 'hide in plain sight' and avoid being eaten by insects, study shows
- Celebrity MasterChef viewers brand Amar Latif a 'true inspiration' and cry tears of joy as the blind presenter makes it through to the semi-finals
- Tropical Sanya lures summer vacationers
- 'They can survive on rubbish': Fox sightings soar across Sydney - and experts say a plague of ONE BILLION rats flooding the city are to blame
- Overflowing waterfall attracts tourists in historic village
- Coronavirus: Island isolation over as Greece lets tourists back
- Village vacations help island paradise flourish
- Fears for 40,000 cruise jobs as 'furious' industry slams advice telling ALL tourists to avoid holidays at sea while minister suggests trips won't be back until October
Sights and smells of incense making village lure tourists have 370 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at September 6, 2020. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.