A Trump supporter running for a North Carolina school board has defended a racist Facebook post where he called Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot a “dumb monkey.” James England, a candidate for the Gaston County Board of Education, has shared several controversial posts on his Facebook page this summer. England, who lives in Gastonia, recently shared a meme that criticized Lightfoot, who is Black, over the high crime rate in her city, according to the Gaston Gazette. “Looks like a dumb monkey,” England added alongside the meme. Newsweek subscription offers > He told the newspaper that he stood by the remark and claimed he didn’t call Lightfoot a monkey because she is Black. The comparison has long been used as a slur to denigrate Black people. “Generally what I post is the damn truth. It’s just a fact. We can’t cover up the truth,” England said. “It’s not because of her color. I’ve seen white people who look like monkeys,” he said. At the weekend, England made the comparison again. Alongside a picture of Clint Eastwood and an orangutan, England wrote: “Clint hanging out in Chicago with the Mayor.” Newsweek subscription offers > England also defended a post from July where… Read full this story
- Trump’s White House video games meeting has a very concerning list of invitees
- Trump rips into British left-wing critics Khan, Corbyn in press conference
- Trump voters carry Republicans in the Senate, while Democrats are poised to take the House
- Dozens of Hong Kong pro-democracy protesters charged with rioting, including a 16-year-old girl, show up in court as supporters demand their release
- The story of CarnEvil, an arcade frightfest once called "the most twisted video game ever created"
- Gaming Deals: $35 Star Wars Battlefront, $40 PS4 Controllers, $35 Call of Duty: Black Ops 3
- Gillum concedes to DeSantis in racially charged Florida campaign
- An Introduction to Mobile Gaming
- First death reported after Hurricane Michael slammed into the Florida Panhandle
- Secret document on Brett Kavanaugh referred to the FBI
- Everyone to the barricades
- 'Mud is like a drug to me’: Inside Florida’s Mad-Max style Monster truck mudding rallies where unbridled debauchery is let loose and self-described ‘rednecks’ twerk and get dirty
Trump-Supporting School Board Candidate Defends Calling Black Mayor 'Dumb Monkey' have 355 words, post on www.newsweek.com at September 7, 2020. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.