WOMEN’S CHALLENGER TROPHY by Cricbuzz Staff • Published on ShareTweet In all, Shafali hit 15 fours and two sixes, striking her runs at a staggering 185.42 © BCCI Shafali Verma slammed an unbeaten 48-ball knock of 89 to power India C to the T20 Challenger Trophy title. The 15-year-old batter from Haryana, who has turned heads with her batting feats since early 2019, made light work of India B’s total of 131, polishing off the chase with 28 balls to spare. Tanuja Kanwar, who dismissed Shafali the only time the opener had a quiet outing in matches between these two sides, was handpicked for preferential treatment. In only two overs, Kanwar conceded 28 runs and was not required to bowl further. This came after experienced India cricketers Shikha Pandey and Anuja Patil found little from the Cuttack surface to sow any seeds of doubts in a batter eager to hit through the line and over the infield. In all Shafali hit 15 fours and two sixes, striking her runs at a staggering 185.42. Her early statement of intent in the chase meant Madhuri Mehta’s slow start (20 off 30) and eventual run-out had little bearing on where the game was… Read full this story
- Markande's fifer hands India A innings victory over England Lions
- Dillian Whyte threatens to sue WBC if Dominic Breazeale is named mandatory challenger for title fight with Deontay Wilder
- Challenge Cup title continuing to prove elusive for Sheffield Steelers
- Ramkumar-Vijay pair clinches Pune Challenger trophy
- Sneak Peek: $2000 Challenge Trophies!
- Klopp jokes cup exits hand Liverpool DISADVANTAGE in title race
- Golf-mad Dundee lad gets hands on Open trophy in after-school surprise
- Sloppy Australia hand India 2-1 series win
- Tim McGraw Hands Over Challenger Keys
- This disastrous UGA fake helped hand Bama the SEC title
- BWF Rankings: PV Sindhu jumps three spots; Sameer Verma rises to career-high ranking
- BWF World Tour Finals 2018: Can Sameer Verma shine on debut?
Shafali Verma's 89* hands India 'C' Challenger Trophy title have 300 words, post on www.cricbuzz.com at October 10, 2020. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.