Devika Vaidya, the leg-spinning all-rounder, and Sneh Rana, the off-spinner, have been named as the captains of India A and India B sides for the upcoming Women’s Quadrangular T20 Series, also consisting of Bangladesh and Thailand.
Vaidya has played nine ODIs and one T20I while Rana has represented the country in seven ODIs and five T20Is. Priya Punia, who has composed a couple of ODI fifties in her short career so far, and Madhuri Mehta, who played her only ODI back in 2012, are some of the other members of India A’s set-up. Meanwhile. Nuzhat Parween, the wicketkeeper-bat, is a part of India B’s squad.
The tournament is scheduled to commence on 16th January and all the matches will be played in Patna.
India A: Devika Vaidya (c), Priya Punia, Jincy George, Madhuri Mehta, Richa Ghosh, Sushri Dibyadarshini, Komal Zanzad, Manali Dakshini, Meghna Singh, Nikita Chauhan, Bharti Fulmali, R Kalpana (WK), Rashi Kanojia, Renuka Singh, Jasia Akhtar
India B:Sneh Rana (c), Yastika Bhatia, Nuzhat Parween (WK), S Meghana, Tejal Hasabnis, Vrushali Bhagat, Minnu Mani, Monica Patel, Shrayosi Aich, Anjali Sarvani, Simran Dil Bahadhur, Tanuja Kanwar, Kshama Singh, Nupur Kohale, Tanushree Sarkar
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Apple's India plans have bureaucratic hurdles
- India's prestigious UID program faces bureaucratic and legal hurdles
- Amazon India touts OnePlus 5 'exclusive'
- India finds biz appeal in green IT
- India antitrust body investigating Google: report
- OpenSocial apps now available to Orkut users in India
- Almost down and out in India, BlackBerry brings in the Z3
- India holds back domestic-maker status for Huawei, ZTE
- India Web users to hit 150M by end-2012
- Twitter-savvy politician Shashi Tharoor weighs in on India's threat to ban social networks
- 177 Critics Picked the Best Films of the Century. Guess How Many Were Directed By Women!
- Women Mayors Want To Stop Calling Them 'Women's Issues'