Video PlayerClose HONG KONG, Nov. 21 (Xinhua) — Hong Kong on Saturday reported the highest number of daily new cases of COVID-19 in about three months, with the authorities toughening up measures to fend off a new wave of the coronavirus outbreak. The Center for Health Protection (CHP) said there were seven new imported cases and 36 local infections detected on Saturday, including 13 with unknown origins. Meanwhile, over 60 people tested positive for COVID-19 primarily. Head of the CHP’s Communicable Disease Branch Chuang Shuk-kwan said the new cases have been rising rapidly in recent days, and warned of a fourth wave of the epidemic outbreak. In the face of the resurgence of COVID-19 cases, the government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) has tightened social distancing measures including banning live performance in bars and nightclubs and suspending in-person learning for grade 1-3 primary school students. To reduce imported cases, the government also raised the threshold for the crew members of flights to obtain exemption of quarantine. Among the new requirements starting Sunday is that they must have a negative testing result within 48 hours and take another test after arriving in Hong Kong. Data showed crew members… Read full this story
- Mortara and Venturi seek redemption in Hong Kong
- Crap Air Makes for Fake Tourist Photos in Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Starbucks Used "Toilet Water" To Make Coffee
- Hong Kong's reluctant policeman: 'It’s not for us to deliver punishment'
- HWA Racelab aim for first points in Hong Kong
- How They Do It In Hong Kong
- Giant Mobile Battle Suits Overrun Hong Kong
- Patek Philippe coming up for sale in Hong Kong
- Hong Kong stock exchange makes £32bn bid for London counterpart
- Hong Kong Resident Uses Social Media To Catch iPhone Thief
- Hong Kong, where refugees are trapped in 'legal limbo,' shows why anti-refugee policies don't work
- London Stock Exchange rejects approach by Hong Kong counterpart
1st LD Writethru: Hong Kong's daily COVID-19 infections hit 3-month high have 304 words, post on www.xinhuanet.com at November 22, 2020. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.