The news reached Sarah Gilbert Saturday evening that the Covid-19 vaccine she’s developed with AstraZeneca Plc appeared to work. But the University of Oxford professor had expected a key number: Was it more than 90% effective, as others have been — or less?Instead, when her colleague Andrew Pollard called with the results, he wanted to show her slides instead of simple figures. “I didn’t really understand why we would have to go through slides,” she recalled. “But then it became clear — because it’s rather more complicated in our trial.”That complexity has led uncertainty to swirl around one of the front-runners along with Pfizer Inc. and Moderna Inc. in the race for a shot to end the pandemic. Questions about the most effective dose of the vaccine, its safety record and the partners’ approach to testing it have cast doubt on whether the US Food and Drug Administration will clear it.Early Monday, AstraZeneca and Oxford reported results after 131 trial participants in the U.K. and Brazil contracted Covid 19. The average efficacy of 70% prevention sounded good, within the expectations of analysts and above a 50% standard the FDA had set for Covid vaccines.The study also… Read full this story
- AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine to be shared across Europe, says France
- COVID-19 Vaccine to Be Free in US, Official Says
- Wall Street expects a Covid-19 vaccine before US presidential election
- Who would be the first to get a Covid-19 vaccine?
- Report: Britain Nears $625 mln Sanofi/GSK COVID-19 Vaccine Deal
- Vaccine experts want the FDA to commit to 30,000 people in Covid-19 vaccine trials
- Operation Warp Speed commits $1.6 billion to Covid-19 vaccine maker Novavax
- Human trials of Covaxin, India’s first Covid-19 vaccine, to begin soon: All you need to know
- Sinovac's COVID-19 vaccine advances to key phase-3 trial
- Thai researchers start COVID-19 vaccine monkey trials
- Even without a Covid-19 vaccine, there's reason for hope
- DR ELLIE CANNON: Your country needs YOU... to join me and become a guinea pig for the UK's Covid-19 vaccine trials
AstraZeneca’s Covid-19 vaccine less effective when given in bigger doses: Report have 324 words, post on www.hindustantimes.com at November 24, 2020. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.