The government has sought views of private sector healthcare chains and industry bodies on vaccinating India’s 1.3 billion people against COVID-19, the illness caused by the novel coronavirus.The National Expert Group on Vaccine Administration for COVID-19, headed by Niti Aayog member (health) Dr VK Paul, reached out to industry bodies such as the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (Ficci) and Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) and private hospital chains on funding models for coronavirus vaccination, the Economic Times reported sources as saying.Track this LIVE blog for all the latest updates on coronavirus vaccineClose The expert group has sought comments on two issues—the funding model if private sector chains are used to vaccinate the poor in cities and in rural areas and the investment required once vaccines are made available in the open market. COVID-19 Vaccine Frequently Asked Questions View more How does a vaccine work? A vaccine works by mimicking a natural infection. A vaccine not only induces immune response to protect people from any future COVID-19 infection, but also helps quickly build herd immunity to put an end to the pandemic. Herd immunity occurs when a sufficient percentage of a population becomes immune to a disease,… Read full this story
- Trapped in a hoax: survivors of conspiracy theories speak out
- Melbourne $50bn suburban train loop plan divides experts despite popularity with public
- 6 things you can do right now to help prevent the flu
- IPCC climate report: human impact is 'unequivocal'
- Canberra claims work to boost Australia's digital economy is underway
- Vulvar Cancer: Types, Symptoms, Causes And Treatment
- 70 defining moments in 70 years of the NHS
- NHS workers, charities and health heroes celebrated in The Sun’s Who Cares Wins awards 2019
- Mobilising Nigeria’s human and natural resources for national development and stability by Obasanjo
- The budding doctor who died of measles
- Measles epidemic in New Zealand not surprising say academics
COVID-19 vaccine: Centre begins talks with industry bodies on vaccination blueprint have 310 words, post on www.moneycontrol.com at November 20, 2020. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.