HCMC has spent more than VND25 trillion on anti-flooding projects over the past five years but the city still has 22 flood-prone areas, Vu Van Diep, director of the Technical Infrastructure Management Center under the Department of Construction, said at a press conference this morning, June 9. Phu Dinh floodgate, a component of HCMC’s VND10-trillion anti-flooding project – PHOTO: LE ANH Since 2008, the city has tackled 104 flooded areas including 25 areas during the past five years. Diep stressed that the city’s anti-flooding activities have seen a significant improvement, with a reduction in the number of flooded areas, time and severity of flooding. The level of flooding has been reduced to 0.1-0.3 meter, while the time has been shortened from 4-6 hours to 15-40 minutes after rain. Diep said floods in the city are mainly caused by the outdated drainage system and waterway encroachment. Regarding the anti-flooding project for Nguyen Huu Canh Street, Diep said lifting the street surface would help prevent floods on the street but areas along the street would still get flooded. For the VND10-trillion flood-control project, the investor has committed to completing the mammoth project in October 2020. Once complete, the project will help prevent… Read full this story
- HCM City's Bui Vien street bustles with visitors for Halloween celebrations
- HCM City hosts Vietnam-Japan festival
- Cuba’s 60th Liberation Day marked in HCM City
- Official: California must mull home ban in fire-prone areas
- Flood-prone Waterlooville field set to undergo £100,000 drainage project
- Why this plan to help Fort Worth flooding has some residents worried
- The FEMA Flood Zone Conundrum—What's It All About?
- Government News 22/8
- Mekong Delta fights flooding from high tides
- Development in Areas Prone to Flooding
- Houston-area voters OK $2.5B to guard against another Harvey
- Ellicott City Flooding Videos, Photos: Massive Rainstorm Causes Destruction
HCM City still has 22 flood-prone areas have 288 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at November 6, 2020. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.