Union health minister Harsh Vardhan has reiterated that India may not require Pfizer’s vaccine against coronavirus disease (Covid-19), with other vaccine candidates being tested in the country showing promising results in safety trials so far.According to media reports, the health minister said that it did not make sense to consider the Pfizer-BioNTech’s vaccine as even the US regulatory authority had not yet granted approval to the vaccine. And even if the approvals are granted, the manufacturer would first attempt to cater to its local population before supplying the vaccine to other countries, he said.India has at least five vaccine candidates against Covid-19 under human trial, of which three vaccine candidates are undergoing advanced phase 2/3 clinical trials to establish safety and efficacy.Also Read | India’s new Covid-19 cases drop marginally; 37,975 new infections recorded in last 24 hoursThe Serum Institute of India is conducting the phase 3 trial with the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) for the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine candidate. The Bharat Biotech-ICMR vaccine candidate, Covaxin, has also progressed, and phase 3 trial has started. The results of its phase 2 trials are expected anytime now. Cadila Health’s vaccine candidate, ZyCovD, has also completed the phase 2 trial, and is… Read full this story
- WHO names novel coronavirus as 'COVID-19'
- Coronavirus FINALLY has a name: World health chiefs label the deadly SARS-like disease 'COVID-19' - six weeks after the outbreak that has killed more than 1,000 people began
- COVID-19: How Fake News Could Help Spread the Coronavirus
- WHO warns coronavirus, now dubbed COVID-19, is 'public enemy number 1' and more powerful than terrorism attack
- COVID-19 outbreak in Việt Nam remains under control: Steering committee
- Coronavirus crisis: UK's biggest drugmaker warns of COVID-19 impact
- Japan reports first COVID-19 death to take global total to 1,710
- WHO chief on Covid-19 scientific research
- Coronavirus outbreak: The real reason why COVID-19 got its name
- Coronavirus update: Information about the outbreak of COVID-19 and how you can protect yourself
- China's Hubei province reports 242 COVID-19 coronavirus deaths and 14,840 new cases
- Coronavirus: How to avoid catching and spreading COVID-19
Pfizer’s Covid-19 vaccine may not be needed, says Harsh Vardhan have 333 words, post on m.hindustantimes.com at November 24, 2020. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.