Nearly one-fifth of senior citizens in the US say they never plan to get coronavirus vaccines once they are approved, a new poll finds. The survey revealed that 85 percent of elderly Americans plan to be immunized against, with half saying within a month of US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) authorization. However, 15 percent of respondents said they don’t plan on receiving the jab, with most citing concerns about potential side effects. The team says the findings provide more evidence that public health experts and doctors need to educate seniors about vaccinations, especially because this group is among the highest at risk for severe disease and death from COVID-19/ A new poll reveals 85% of US senior citizens plan to get a coronavirus vaccine when one is approved (file image) Nearly half plan to receive the jab within one month after it becomes available but about one-third plan to wait at least three months and 15% saying they never plan to For the survey, Tivity Health partnered up with SilverSneakers, a fitness program designed for adults above age 65. Participants were recruited from a list of SilverSneakers newsletter subscribers, with nearly 4,000 completing the survey between November 11 and… Read full this story
- Poland is the only country known to have refused H1N1 swine flu vaccines due to safety concerns
- DADT survey reveals military is ok with gay troops, Sec. Def. Gates urges Congress to repeal policy
- Government gearing up to launch national action plan for senior citizens
- Amazon Raises Minimum Wage to $15 After Criticism About Workers on Food Stamps
- Thousands of young U.S. children get no vaccines, survey finds
- Poll finds black students are more optimistic than their peers, possibly due to 'Obama effect'
- This flu vaccine is your best shot
- Most adults at risk for flu seem to blow off shot to get vaccinated, says study
- Edited Transcript of AYI earnings conference call or presentation 2-Oct-19 2:00pm GMT
- New Gardasil cervical cancer vaccination requirement for immigrants stirs controversy
- Shots on the way for Alzheimer's, AIDS, herpes and more as drug industry sees profit in vaccines
- A warning shot about flu season
Survey reveals 85% of seniors plan to get COVID-19 vaccines - but 15% say they will NEVER get the shot because they are concerned about side effects have 339 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at November 24, 2020. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.