TRENTON, N.J. (CBSNewYork) — It has been nine months since the first confirmed COVID case in New Jersey. The numbers continue to rise, with 56 additional deaths Wednesday. That brings the statewide total to 15,309. Officials say testing has never been more important. CBS2’s Meg Baker took a look at how some counties are prioritizing this. Monmouth County’s command center mobile unit will be used to provide testing for the county’s first responders and health care providers as lines at testing centers across the state grow. “Our health care providers and first responders are on the front lines of COVID. They really do not need to be waiting in line to be sure or not sure if they have COVID-19,” said Monmouth County Sheriff Shaun Golden. CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC Explanation Of N.Y.’s Yellow, Orange, Red Zones (.pdf) Find A COVID-19 Testing Site Near You In NYC Check NYC Testing Line Wait Times Resources: Unemployment, Hunger, Mental Health & More Remote Learning Tools For Parents Teaching At Home Health Experts Stress Need To Fight ‘Mask Exhaustion’ CBS2’s Dr. Max Answers Your Health Questions Complete Coronavirus Coverage In Bergen County, seven Hackensack firefighters tested positive for COVID-19, and 26 others are quarantining. That… Read full this story
- EU gives Britons green-light for summer getaways as bloc to reopen to non-essential travel
- Mizoram Govt Advises Against ‘Non-Essential’ Travel To New Delhi Amidst Rising Covid Cases
- COVID live updates: California cash prizes helped spur vaccinations in poorest communities, state official says
- NSW bans travel outside of Sydney and more state borders close
- Thinking of Traveling in the U.S.? Check Which States Have Travel Restrictions
- California travel: What to know about road trips now that Newsom has lifted stay-home order
- Covid-19: 'Overseas holidays can wait' - epidemiologists discourage travel to Australia
- What are the COVID entry rules for travelers to European countries?
- Is There A Level 3 Lockdown On Coronavirus Travel?
- Covid-19 Vaccine Travel Updates
- Victoria, Queensland, South Australia tightens rules on Sydney travellers from Covid-affected areas
- Spain, Portugal, Greece & Italy FCDO updates as Government warns against amber list travel
As COVID Numbers Climb In N.J. And Counties Gear Up For More Testing, Gov. Murphy Discourages Non-Essential Travel Out Of State have 337 words, post on newyork.cbslocal.com at December 2, 2020. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.