INJURY BLOW by Cricbuzz Staff • Last updated on ShareTweet Maxwell is expected to be out for 6-8 weeks. © Getty Glenn Maxwell, originally named in both the T20I and ODI squads, will miss Australia’s upcoming limited-overs tour of South Africa due to an elbow injury. He will be replaced by D’Arcy Short, Cricket Australia confirmed on Wednesday (February 12). Maxwell, who was managing his troubled left elbow through the BBL, reported increased pain over the weekend, following which scans revealed “some loose fragments of bone within his elbow joint”. He will now undergo surgery and is expected to be out for six to eight weeks. As a result, he might miss at least the start of the IPL. This also means a further delay to Maxwell’s anticipated international return since his mental health break late last year. “Representing Australia is the highest honour in cricket and something I cherish,” Maxwell said. “I was not confident that I could perform at international level with my elbow in its current state and have decided to undergo surgery straight away to fix the issue. “I would like to thank Justin Langer, Ben Oliver, Trevor Hohns and the whole Australian squad for their… Read full this story
- Paragliding in South Africa - A Free Flyer's Tour
- Cape Town in South Africa Top Attractions 1 to 10
- Safari in South Africa - Magnificent Matjiesfontein is a Must!
- Golfing in South Africa
- Cape Town in South Africa Top Attractions 11 to 23
- Constantia Valley - Breathtaking Wineland-Cape Town-South Africa
- On Safari in South Africa - Where Africa's Wildlife Never Disappoints
- South Africa Car Hire
- Robben Island in South Africa
- Choosing Day Tours in Cape Town, South Africa
- South Africa: Pressing for Black Liberation
- The Western Cape Province is a Meeting Point in South Africa
Maxwell to miss South Africa tour due to elbow injury have 288 words, post on www.cricbuzz.com at December 12, 2020. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.