INJURY BLOW by Cricbuzz Staff • Last updated on ShareTweet Maxwell is expected to be out for 6-8 weeks. © Getty Glenn Maxwell, originally named in both the T20I and ODI squads, will miss Australia’s upcoming limited-overs tour of South Africa due to an elbow injury. He will be replaced by D’Arcy Short, Cricket Australia confirmed on Wednesday (February 12). Maxwell, who was managing his troubled left elbow through the BBL, reported increased pain over the weekend, following which scans revealed “some loose fragments of bone within his elbow joint”. He will now undergo surgery and is expected to be out for six to eight weeks. As a result, he might miss at least the start of the IPL. This also means a further delay to Maxwell’s anticipated international return since his mental health break late last year. “Representing Australia is the highest honour in cricket and something I cherish,” Maxwell said. “I was not confident that I could perform at international level with my elbow in its current state and have decided to undergo surgery straight away to fix the issue. “I would like to thank Justin Langer, Ben Oliver, Trevor Hohns and the whole Australian squad for their… Read full this story
- 3 killed in train collision in South Africa, responders say
- Train Crash In Pretoria, South Africa: Over 100 Casualties In Collision
- Forbes Contributor: South Africa Following Venezuela’s Path to Failure
- Blue State Blues: Donald Trump Is (Mostly) Right About South Africa
- Donald Trump Tackles Murder, Expropriation of White Farmers in South Africa
- China Gives South Africa $25 Billion in Stimulus Loans
- South Africa's ruling ANC holds lead as vote count advances
- What Is Happening In South Africa? Trump Wants 'Farm Seizures' Investigated
- South Africa chief vows to purge ANC of 'deviant tendencies'
- Many say South Africa "still white male-dominant," and they blame Nelson Mandela
- South Africa’s Julius Malema: Trump’s Right, We’re Coming for White Farmers
- Lauren Southern: South Africa Is a ‘Human Rights Crisis’
Maxwell to miss South Africa tour due to elbow injury have 319 words, post on www.cricbuzz.com at December 12, 2020. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.