It looks like MCM is finally coming to Radeon if a new patent by AMD is any indication.The multi-chip module architecture was submitted to the US patent office on December 31, 2020, just under the wire for the end of the year. The document, flagged by LaFriteDavid on Twitter, shows that AMD is planning to build a new GPU based on a chiplet design rather than the monolithic structure it has used for previous GPU builds.Rumors have swirled about AMDs plans to move to an MCM structure ever since talk about Nvidia’s move to an MCM design with it’s rumored Hopper architecture, so this latest patent really isn’t very surprising.AMD vs Nvidia: who makes the best graphics cardsWhere to buy AMD Radeon RX 6800Check out our AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT ReviewIs multi-chip module designs the future? One of the major hurdles to the MCM design in the past, according to Wccftech, has been the high latency between chiplets and the increased difficulty in implementing parallelism.AMD appears to address these challenges using what it calls a high-bandwidth passive crosslink. Apparently, this allows each GPU to communicate directly with the CPU and its companion chiplets with significantly less latency.With Nvidia and Intel… Read full this story
- PS5 Specifications Confirmed: AMD Ryzen CPU, Radeon Navi GPU, Solid State Drive, and More
- The Best Graphics Cards You Can Buy in India at Every Price Point
- AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT and Radeon RX 5700 Review
- New AMD GPU Rumors Suggest Polaris Refresh in Q4 2018
- Computex 2019: AMD, Intel, Asus Bring the Energy Back to PCs and Hardware
- CES 2019: Nvidia CEO calls AMD's Radeon 7 'underwhelming,' 'lousy'
- Nvidia CEO calls AMD's Radeon 7 'underwhelming', 'lousy'
- Nvidia CEO calls AMD's Radeon 7 'underwhelming,' 'lousy' at CES 2019
- AMD Ryzen 9 3900X and Ryzen 7 3700X Review
- AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT, Radeon RX 5700 Officially Launched in India, Priced to Compete With Nvidia GeForce RTX Super
- AMD reveals next-generation Radeon VII graphics card at CES 2019
- AMD's Radeon 7 pushes PC gaming to "the bleeding edge"
AMD patent points to new MCM GPU design for RDNA3 have 327 words, post on www.techradar.com at January 2, 2021. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.