Alleging that the signboards put up by PMC corporators are misleading and total waste of public funds, civil groups launch signature drives to oppose the trend. With the municipal elections in Pune round the corner, aspiring candidates and sitting corporators seem to be wasting no time in wooing voters through publicity campaigns in all possible manners. Fierce competition to put up ‘concept’ boards across the city is part of the drive. Thousands of such hoardings have come up, with politicos taking credit for both civic projects and private establishments at the cost of crores of public funds, alleged citizens. Irked by the trend of hogging the limelight over alleged undue credit, citizens’ groups have kicked off a signature campaign to voice their protest against the move. The groups further plan to file a public interest litigation (PIL). NCP member grabbed credit of the underpass Vijay Kumbhar of Surajya Sangharsh Samiti seemed miffed with the whole exercise. “Corporators are also public servants. By putting their names on signboards or directional boards, they are snatching the credit from the civic body. Similarly, they erect boards showing the names of residential societies and grab credit for the projects as if these are conceptualised… Read full this story
- Roberts: In Arizona's voucher fight, it's citizens v. Koch network
- Aussie needs to build credit for big purchase
- Sioux City pork plant says it’s investigating claims of worker mistreatment, labor violations
- Critics say Rudy didn't make as many cuts as he claims
- A credit for low-income workers
- Jennifer Mercado allegedly swipes fellow juror's credit cards - during trial of credit card thief!
- Sick senior citizen loses food stamps to lowlifes who steal welfare accounts
- Student sues Columbia University over lack of protection against rape claims
- White House scolds Israel Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu for divisive election tactics
- The Brutal, Incredibly Personal Gun Politics of the Florida Governor's Race
- President Obama's prepared budget speech transcript, addresses Medicare, Medicaid, deficit, debt
- Staying late means pay's great: State OT dips, but not for these kings
Citizens irked over politicos claiming credit of civic work have 328 words, post on punemirror.indiatimes.com at January 6, 2021. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.