University of California , Berkeley has brought in sweeping new lockdown measures to tackle COVID-19 as cases surge on campus. Students now won’t be allowed to exit their dorms to conduct solo outdoor exercise, and a self-sequester mandate that was put in place for the campus has been extended until February 15. An email from UC Berkeley student affairs to the student body obtained by The Daily Californian also announces an potential increase in campus security officers around the dorms. Outdoor exercise is no longer going to be permitted on the UC Berkeley campus There has been a surge in coronavirus cases on the college campus in the last two weeks ‘Due to the 14 day incubation period of this virus, it is too early to be sure we have contained this current surge,’ the email says. ‘We understand this extension is frustrating, but please understand this will help us mitigate further spread while protecting our community.’ RELATED ARTICLES Previous 1 Next Relief in Melbourne as NO more coronavirus cases are… Nuno Espirito Santo will contact the Premier League to… Share this article Share Lack of compliance for the directives, which restrict movement outside of dorms to getting COVID-19 tests, medical… Read full this story
- Covid-19 cases cross 50,000-mark in India
- Global coronavirus COVID-19 cases surge over 44 lakh, death toll crosses 3 lakh
- Global coronavirus COVID-19 cases surge over 37.84 lakh, death toll crosses 2.64 lakh
- New Covid-19 cases in New York coming from people leaving home - Cuomo
- Coronavirus: Queensland only has 18 active COVID-19 cases
- Exclusive: As COVID-19 cases in Yemen surge, some sources see undercounting
- COVID-19 cases surpass 50,000 in Africa as action needed to stem spread
- Australia records two-month low in COVID-19 cases with NO new infections in seven states and territories - but millions STILL can't go to the pub and restaurants say they can't reopen under 10-person rule
- Workplace worries mount as US tracks new COVID-19 cases
- Xinhua Headlines: U.S. COVID-19 cases skyrocket to nearly 1.4 mln in 100-odd days, What goes wrong?
- New COVID-19 cases in New York coming from people leaving home, Cuomo says
- New COVID-19 cases in New York coming from people leaving home - Cuomo
UC Berkeley bans solo outdoor exercise on campus and locks down dorms after surge in COVID-19 cases sees 164 people testing positive in the first week of February have 347 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at February 11, 2021. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.