University of California , Berkeley has brought in sweeping new lockdown measures to tackle COVID-19 as cases surge on campus. Students now won’t be allowed to exit their dorms to conduct solo outdoor exercise, and a self-sequester mandate that was put in place for the campus has been extended until February 15. An email from UC Berkeley student affairs to the student body obtained by The Daily Californian also announces an potential increase in campus security officers around the dorms. Outdoor exercise is no longer going to be permitted on the UC Berkeley campus There has been a surge in coronavirus cases on the college campus in the last two weeks ‘Due to the 14 day incubation period of this virus, it is too early to be sure we have contained this current surge,’ the email says. ‘We understand this extension is frustrating, but please understand this will help us mitigate further spread while protecting our community.’ RELATED ARTICLES Previous 1 Next Relief in Melbourne as NO more coronavirus cases are… Nuno Espirito Santo will contact the Premier League to… Share this article Share Lack of compliance for the directives, which restrict movement outside of dorms to getting COVID-19 tests, medical… Read full this story
- COVID-19: Record number of people testing positive for coronavirus in England
- U.S. Reports Another Record-Breaking Day of New COVID-19 Cases
- 'We are getting crushed.' What's behind the alarming rise in California's Covid-19 cases
- Britain's Covid cases rise by a THIRD in a week with 20,263 people testing positive as the country records 189 more deaths - a 23% increase on last Monday
- US sees record Covid-19 cases as CDC advisory group votes to recommend Moderna vaccine
- California becomes first state to top 2 million COVID-19 cases
- California becomes first state to record 2 million COVID-19 cases on Christmas Eve - as hospitalizations soar and ICU capacity falls to just 1.1%
- Delhi sees 758 new Covid-19 cases, lowest since August 16
- Britain records 26,688 more Covid-19 cases and 191 deaths as daily infections rise by a third in a week and SAGE adviser warns crisis will peak at Christmas without a full lockdown now
- California becomes first state to surpass 2 million COVID-19 cases
- Flu numbers are down as COVID-19 cases surge in the U.S.
- UK to set out tougher holiday guidance as Covid-19 cases soar
UC Berkeley bans solo outdoor exercise on campus and locks down dorms after surge in COVID-19 cases sees 164 people testing positive in the first week of February have 371 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at February 11, 2021. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.