Google Chrome is the most-used browser on the internet. The browser rose to fame as an alternative to slow, sluggish incumbents — Internet Explorer and Safari. But Google Chrome has become the new leader, and as a result has itself become the sluggish incumbent. It became the thing we hated. We created a monster. ZDNet Recommends The best laptops: Our recommended models for every use case and platform New year, new laptop? These are the devices that should be at or near the top of your shortlist. Read More It’s time for a change. Also: What about Firefox? I don’t say this lightly. Over the past few months, I’ve been testing browsers, examining things like performance, memory usage, battery usage, and overall feel of using the browser. I know that picking the “best” browser is a personal and potentially controversial thing. It’s a bit like asking whose Mom makes the best apple pie (mine, of course), or whether it’s cats or dogs that rule (cats, because dogs are just a rubbish, attention-seeking kind of cat). The answers are personal. Specific to the individual use case. But, with that said, I can still come up with a number of good reasons… Read full this story
- An Old-School Text Adventure Game Is Hidden Inside Google Chrome
- How and Why Chrome Is Overtaking Firefox Among Power Users
- Top 10 Services Google Killed Off
- Lifehacker Faceoff: The Best Web Browsers for iPhone and iPad
- Google Stadia: Tech giant reveals cloud gaming vision looking to shake up the industry
- Google CEO Sundar Pichai: 'I don't know whether humans want change that fast'
- Google Will Soon Start Shaming All Sites That Don’t Use HTTPS as 'Not Secure'
- Google's Project Stream Makes Assassin's Creed Odyssey Playable In Chrome
- Going Google-Free: The Best Alternatives to Google Services on the Web
- Opera Launches a Gaming Browser Called Opera GX
- Google Announces Stadia at GDC 2019
- Google Releases a Teaser Video Leading Up to GDC Reveal
Google Chrome: It's time to ditch the browser have 319 words, post on www.zdnet.com at March 4, 2021. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.