Congress plans to consider several stand-alone immigration bills this month, casting new doubt on whether President Biden Joe Biden Intercept bureau chief: minimum wage was not ‘high priority’ for Biden in COVID-19 relief South Carolina Senate adds firing squad as alternative execution method Obama alum Seth Harris to serve as Biden labor adviser: report MORE ‘s comprehensive proposal will make it to the floor. House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer Steny Hamilton Hoyer House plans for immigration bills add uncertainty on Biden proposal This week: Senate takes up coronavirus relief after minimum wage setback House set for tight vote on COVID-19 relief package MORE (D-Md.) on Tuesday announced that the chamber would take up legislation during the week of March 15, following a push for an "immigration week" by the Congressional Hispanic Caucus. Sources say the House is expected to take up legislation that provides a path to citizenship for Dreamers, brought to the U.S. as young children, and others with temporary status. Another bill that's slated for consideration would expand visa and citizenship opportunities for migrant farmworkers, according to sources. ADVERTISEMENT The No Ban Act — which bars the president from limiting immigration based on religion, a thinly veiled rejection… Read full this story
- Pelosi describes GOP immigration bill as 'totally unworthy of America'
- House passes spending bill with $5 billion for Trump's border wall
- White House eyes immigration speech in midterm campaign homestretch
- A Major Piece of Faulconer’s Housing Plan Is on Hold
- Supes begin review of Central SoMa plan expected to add 8K homes, 33K jobs
- House Democrats’ First Bill in 2019 Will Address Voting Rights, Ethics, Big Money
- Kenya: FKE, Ministry to Hold Talks on Housing Plan
- Weston will be ‘gridlocked’ if car park housing plan approved
- Affordable housing on Utah's federal lands? Lee proposes trio of bills
- Laie housing plan passes first hurdle at Honolulu City Council
- Affordable housing planned for 'blighted' Paramus lot
- Sheboygan housing: Plan Commission OKs downtown apartments proposal
House plans for immigration bills add uncertainty on Biden proposal have 317 words, post on thehill.com at March 2, 2021. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.