For the houseproud, owning an item by Philippe Starck or Verner Panton is the equivalent of a coveted designer bag or pair of shoes for the fashionista. Whether you love dramatic conversation starters or more understated homeware, there’s no denying that a good designer piece is worth investing in – even if only for the bragging rights. For those thinking of making a purchase, here are five designer names you absolutely need to know. 1. Arne Jacobsen You may recognise some of Arne Jacobsen’s iconic chairs on sight, like the Egg and the Swan. The early 20th-century Danish designer is well known for clean lines, beautiful proportions and the balance of function and style in his works. 2. Charles and Ray Eames One of the most famous couples in design, Charles and Ray Eames are partners at work and by marriage. The American duo is known for mid-century designs and classic icons like the La Chaise free-form daybed one could either sit or lie on and the Eiffel Chair, so named for its resemblance to the famous Parisian tower. ALSO READ: How much does bespoke furniture cost in Singapore 3. Philippe Starck A household name when it comes to sleek,… Read full this story
- PHOTOS: Canadian furniture designer’s quirky pieces resemble Walt Disney's wildest creations
- Anna Sui says reality-show design divas need to focus on technique, not tantrums
- Not just ‘Swedish magic’: How Ikea figures out what furniture you’ll love
- Dynamic furniture maker Hervé Van der Straeten unveils stunning collection at Chelsea gallery
- Raf Simons is Christian Dior’s new artistic director, replacing disgraced designer John Galliano
- Pucci gallery turns furniture event into surreal visual experience
- Blueprint stage the time to make design changes
- Goal, Brazil: Furniture store scores big in the U.S.
- Jerome man disqualified after winning 'Design Challenge'
- Nooka watch founder Waldman ties futurism into design of neon-colored gizmos, hopes to expand brand
- Brad Pitt designs pricey furniture line
- Williamsburg startup turns ugly New York City water towers into fancy furniture
5 iconic furniture designer names you need to be familiar with have 324 words, post on www.asiaone.com at April 29, 2021. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.