close Video Upcoming Supreme Court case could lead to expanded gun rights Tom King, president of the NY State Rifle and Pistol Association, discusses the gun law he is challenging on 'America's Newsroom.' David Chipman , President Biden’s nominee to lead the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) has some questionable ideas on gun suppressors and assault weapons. Gun control advocates have praised the nomination of Chipman, who was an ATF special agent for 25 years and currently serves as senior policy adviser to gun violence prevention group Giffords, highlighting the significance of the ATF director’s role in enforcing gun laws. Gun rights advocates , on the other hand, have expressed alarm at Chipman’s stances on gun-related topics, including suppressors and assault weapons. “Anyone who has worked in law enforcement for as long as I have will tell you that silencers were not designed to protect hearing, they were designed to make it difficult for people to identify the sound of gunfire and locate active shooters,” Chipman said in a 2017 statement . Americans for Responsible Solutions (ARS), a gun violence prevention group where Chipman previously served, said in a 2017 tweet opposing the Hearing Protection Act that earplugs protect gun owners better than silencers. Gun… Read full this story
- Politics, not racism or sexism, explain opposition to Biden Cabinet nominees
- Biden DOJ Nominee Criticized Manchin For Praising Martin Luther King, Called Murkowski ‘Shameful’ Over SCOTUS Vote
- Senate panel unanimously advances top Biden economic nominees
- Biden DOJ nominee apologizes for 'harsh rhetoric' amid GOP criticism
- ‘Proxy Fight For The Future Of Fossil Fuels’: Biden Interior Nominee Fields Questions About ‘Radical’ Climate Agenda
- Biden AG Nominee Merrick Garland Wrote in 70s That Song About ‘Military Rape’ Was ‘Hilarious’
- Biden’s Nominee to Manage U.S. Interior Deb Haaland: ‘I Acknowledge’ Capitol Sits on Indian Land
- Lawmakers gird for spending battle over nuclear weapons
- ATF Accepting Public Comment on Backdoor Bump Stock Gun Control
- Biden's picks face peril in 50-50 Senate
- Biden passes one-month mark with less than half a Cabinet
- US gun control: Could Joe Biden's plan backfire?
Biden ATF nominee made questionable statements about suppressors, automatic weapons have 341 words, post on www.foxnews.com at April 30, 2021. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.