Blockchain technology firm ConsenSys said on Tuesday it had raised $65 million from major banks and financial services firms including J.P. Morgan, Mastercard Inc and UBS Group AG to fund its growth and global expansion. Blockchain emerged over a decade ago as the technology powering cryptocurrency transactions. Since then, banks and other large corporations have been investing millions of dollars to develop and test a range of business applications using blockchain. The latest funding comes at a time finance firms including BNY Mellon, BlackRock Inc and Mastercard Inc are taking steps to make greater use of cryptocurrencies for investment and payment purposes. ConsenSys acquired JPMorgan ‘s marquee blockchain unit, Quorum, in August last year. As part of the deal, the bank also made a strategic investment in ConsenSys. Brooklyn-based ConsenSys is a prominent blockchain startup that grew rapidly during the 2017 crypto bubble. It was founded by Joe Lubin, one of the co-founders of ethereum, the world’s most popular cryptocurrency after bitcoin. ConsenSys underwent a restructuring last year to separate its core software business from its investment activities arm. The company’s clients include Microsoft Corp , Amazon Web Services , Ernst and Young and Procter & Gamble Co, its website… Read full this story
- Is This Hollywood’s Next Major Studio? Bob Simonds & TPG Growth’s Venture Fully Financed, JP Morgan Says; Hiring, Deals To Start In Earnest
- Andrew Yang's non-profit to spend more than $1 million to aid working families impacted by coronavirus
- Blockchain-based GLN hopes to challenge Steam and Apple gaming platforms
- Chinese startups were already struggling to raise money. The coronavirus may be the last straw
- Millions across the US wake up to massive shutdowns to curb spread of coronavirus
- Target announces pay raises, bonuses and new paid leave policy amid coronavirus
- Cryptocurrency executives charged with running $11 million Ponzi scheme
- Coronavirus support 'not open to firms like mine'
- Northern power firm produces 13.8 billion kWh of electricity in Q1
- Virgin Media hikes prices by up to £54 a year for millions of broadband, TV and phone customers
- JPMorgan executives say bank is big enough to weather any storm
- Wall Street bonuses under fire
Blockchain firm ConsenSys raises $65 million from JP Morgan, others have 342 words, post on www.gadgetsnow.com at April 13, 2021. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.