Rep. Sean Patrick Maloney (D-NY), chairman of the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee (DCCC), could face a possible ethics probe in the House of Representatives after an independent ethics watchdog asked Congress's independent ethics office to start one. A nonprofit ethics watchdog, Foundation for Accountability and Civic Trust, had written a letter Tuesday to ask Congress to use their independent ethics office to launch an ethics probe into Maloney's filings. The Foundation for Accountability and Civic Trust Executive Director, Kendra Arnold, wrote a letter to the House of Representatives Office of Congressional Ethics on Tuesday, citing Business Insider as their evidence. In the letter , Arnold requested the Office of Congressional Ethics immediately look into the Congressman for violating House ethics rules. Arnold laid out the Federal Law and House Ethics rules in which she stated that Members are required to disclose financial information to the public, which includes the Member to "provide a 'full and complete' statement of the Member's assets, debts, and income," adding that "a Member must file a periodic report anytime they have a financial transaction that exceeds $1,000, which must be filed a maximum of 45 days from the date of the transaction." Arnold continued: Contrary to this legal requirement, it was… Read full this story
- Report: Trahan's Legal Bills Pile Up Over $300,000 Amid Probe
- Coronavirus fears continue to pressure global stock exchanges
- Michael Flynn Failed to Disclose Payments From Russian Propaganda Network
- The BuzzFeed News Standards And Ethics Guide
- 'Big Kid' Booster Seat Maker Put Profits Over Safety, Probe Finds
- RTD, losing riders and cutting routes, faces prospect of big changes
- Triumphant Trump lashes out 'horrible person' Pelosi and attacks 'dirty cops' in wild post-acquittal speech as he slams 'Mueller top scum' Russia probe and 'evil' impeachment as 'all bulls**t'
- Prosecutors seek prison term of up to nine years for Trump's longtime adviser Roger Stone for lying to Congress and obstructing Mueller's Russia probe
- As Franken’s support collapses, Democrats expect resignation
- Inside the big, messy business of empathy
- SARS stung world economy. Coronavirus is a bigger menace
- Democrats’ Top Super PAC Has Pledged Not To Use Hacked Materials In The 2020 Campaign
DCCC Chair Could Face Congressional Ethics Probe Over Failing to Disclose Stock Sales have 356 words, post on www.breitbart.com at April 14, 2021. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.