When I lived in Switzerland and helmed a theatre troupe, every weekend I threw a party with a different theme. I recall a Monster Bash, a Dress Like Your Idol party, and a When I Was Five event. The actors and techies and their partners came, and I knocked myself out entertaining, telling stories, and making sure everyone had a good time. When people left, they always said, "This was the best party ever" or "I had a great time." I noticed that when I wasn't doing something to make the party a success, everyone sat in silence. That immediately triggered my sense that I had to do something to make the party fun. Frankly, it was exhausting. One weekend, I decided to change things. I had a theme. I invited the theatre troupe, and I decided not to talk or tell stories. And what happened? No one talked. Except for polite conversation. At the end of the party, everyone left and said to me, "This was the best party ever" and "I had a great time." They loved the silence. On the island of Yap, in Micronesia, my husband and I were invited to a party at the home… Read full this story
- Sushant's Friend Sandip Ssingh Breaks His Silence; Makes His Texts With The Late Actor Public
- Men make harrowing confessions about their first sexual experiences while posing naked for a documentary - from a man who was raped aged 10 to a pupil at Boris Johnson's prep school abused by a male teacher
- 'It all got a bit much for him': Frankie Bridge cuddles 'sensitive and anxious' son Parker as he breaks down in tears ahead of his first day back at school
- Cardi B breaks silence over criticism on ‘WAP’ music video
- Donald Trump ordered 'tanks and choppers, make it look like North Korea' for his inauguration with helicopter takeoff from Trump Tower, while Ivanka wanted ball with Leonardo DiCaprio, new book claims
- SUNDAY CONVERSATION: Waller County Sheriff Joe Hester discusses becoming sheriff unexpectedly during hurricane season
- Make America relaxed again: Democrats promise less stress if elected
- The US is standing firm with Taiwan, and it's making that point very clear
- How to make the Trump-Biden debates fair
- What Is Pregnancy Loss and Why Does It Matter?
- I left my baby to cry at night for a week – is it my fault she’s an anxious child?
- WATCH: Mets, Marlins Observe Moment of Silence, Walk Off the Field, Leave BLM Shirt
Does Conversation Silence Make You Anxious? have 415 words, post on www.psychologytoday.com at April 14, 2021. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.