LAHORE: PML-N leader Shahbaz Sharif wants the residents of NA-249 to leave their homes and exercise their right to vote in the ongoing by-election in the Karachi constituency. On election day, the PML-N president said the public can elect a competent and honest leader with the power of voting. Polling for the by-election in the NA-249 constituency started at 8am and will continue till 5pm without any interval. The PML-N president appealed to the people of NA-249 to leave their homes and exercise their constitutional and democratic right to vote responsibly. He also asked the citizens to take care of themselves and others around them in view of the spread of coronavirus. The Election Commission of Pakistan has deployed special staff for strict implementation of coronavirus guidelines as long as the polling process continues. There are 30 candidates in the electoral arena, including PML-N's Miftah Ismail, PTI’s Amjad Afridi, PPP’S Qadir Khan Mandokhel, Karachi's former mayor Mustafa Kamal and MQM’s Hafiz Mursaleen, besides 18 independent candidates.
- Today’s rescheduled Presidential election: Why Nigerians must not give up on voting
- Guinea’s president delays vote on contested referendum
- Kerala NRIs demand right to vote from their workplace
- Pavlich: Bloomberg again exposes his anti-Second Amendment elitism
- Politicians and the dearth of oratorical dexterity
- Why the law requires pre-election cases to be decided before elections
- Guinea delays disputed referendum that could extend veteran Conde's rule
- Supreme Court refuses to stay Citizenship Amendment Act without hearing government
- 2020 Daily Trail Markers: Where Mike Bloomberg spent $570 million during his campaign
- Wright County Board Adopts Second Amendment Dedicated County Resolution
- Jessica Tarlov: Biden’s strong black support will help him battle Sanders and Trump
- Deaths on Gaza Border as Palestinian Jerusalem Embassy Protests Worsen
Exercise your constitutional right to vote, Shahbaz Sharif urges Karachi's NA-249 residents have 282 words, post on www.thenews.com.pk at April 29, 2021. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.