BOSTON (CBS) — Boston Celtics star Jaylen Brown has always approached his place in the public eye as being someone who's much more than just a basketball player. Still young at just 24 years old, Brown has taken a significant step over the past year in becoming an outspoken voice against racial injustices in the United States. Brown took Monday night as an opportunity to do so, when he spoke to the media after the Celtics' 116-115 win in Portland. He was asked about the recent police shooting in Minnesota — what the police called an accidental discharge of a firearm, which left Daunte Wright dead — as well as the voter suppression situation in his native Georgia. READ MORE: Watch Live @ 11:30: Gov. Baker Update On COVID Vaccines Following Johnson & Johnson Pause "Yeah, you're going to have to pardon me. I know that we're here to talk about basketball, but I got nothing basketball to talk about," Brown said. "Inhumane events have recently made headlines over the past week, last month, last years. And at this point, we shouldn't be pleading or persuading people to see things for what they are. We know what this system is… Read full this story
- Warriors’ Mike Brown on coaching LeBron James & James joining Lakers
- Look Ahead: The hottest Seattle events for August 2019
- UT Vols basketball turns to walk-on Lucas Campbell in Lamonte Turner's absence
- Why Your Team Sucks 2018: Cleveland Browns
- UT Vols: How Lamonte Turner's absence affects Tennessee basketball
- Africa: Macron Promises Basketball Aid for Africa's Youth
- New York Times Bestselling Author Brené Brown to Speak at UT Austin
- Sit-down with Andrew Francis: Iowa assistant coach talks 2019 hits and misses, 2020 plans
- Haiti hoped this competition would be its basketball comeback. Then came bad news
- When School Gets Real: Teachers Connect Classroom Lessons to Current Events
- Why 'aggressive' IU basketball target Anthony Harris says Hoosiers would be a good fit
- Cyntoia Brown, Bresha Meadows, and How the 'Criminal Legal System Disappears Survivors'
Jaylen Brown Speaks Out On Recent ‘Inhumane Events’: ‘I Got Nothing Basketball To Talk About’ have 327 words, post on boston.cbslocal.com at April 14, 2021. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.