Rossi registered his worst qualifying result in his entire 25-year grand prix career in last weekend's Doha round in Qatar, having limped to 21st aboard his Petronas SRT Yamaha. He failed to salvage much in the race after qualifying second-to-last, the 42-year-old coming away from the second round of the season without points in 16th having also faded from fourth to 12th in the Qatar GP the week before. Following his worst start to a premier class season since his maiden campaign in 2000, Rossi admitted he was unsure if his form would rebound when MotoGP returns to Europe starting with next week's Portuguese GP. Reviewing the Doha race in his new '99 Seconds' YouTube series, Lorenzo – who spent seven years as Rossi's teammate in MotoGP – was scathing in his assessment of Rossi's performance, but expects him to be stronger come the fourth round at Jerez. “Rossi has disappointed me, as I suppose he has disappointed his fans because a lot is always expected from Valentino," Lorenzo said. "To be 21st in practice, I think he said he had some practices that he did worse in his career, but it’s difficult to find a worse one. "And then… Read full this story
- Rins verslaat Rossi voor eerste MotoGP-zege, COTA-koning Marquez crasht
- Viñales bovenaan op testdag Barcelona, Lorenzo en Marquez crashen
- Coronavirus: MotoGP Grand Prix of the Americas rescheduled for November
- Fans could be BANNED from the Tokyo Olympics and the Six Nations rugby could take until October to complete due to coronavirus
- Coronavirus impact on sports: NCAA tournaments will be played without fans
- Bahrain F1 race to be held without fans due to coronavirus
- Motor racing | Bahrain F1 race to be held without fans due to coronavirus
- South by Southwest is canceled due to the coronavirus. But for some musicians and fans, the show may still go on
- IndyCar drivers take to social media following race cancellations
- Marquez verliest ongeslagen COTA-status: "Maakte een grote fout"
- Moto2 Losail: Sensationele Nagashima wint, Bendsneyder elfde
- Australian Formula 1 Grand Prix is CANCELLED due to coronavirus fears after top drivers refused to take part when a mechanic caught the deadly illness
Lorenzo: Rossi “disappointed” me, his fans in Doha MotoGP have 359 words, post on www.motorsport.com at April 11, 2021. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.