All eyes are on Karachi this Thursday as it hosts the by-election in the NA-249 District West-II constituency. The polling process was conducted largely peacefully with no untoward incident taking place, according to on-the-ground coverage from Geo News reporters. Polling time ended at 5pm, immediately after which counting began at most polling stations owing to a low voter turn out which analysts say could be attributed to Ramadan as well as the hot weather. According to Geo News correspondent Qaseem Saeed, one area saw a 10% voter turnout, whereas Talha Hashmi reported it to be 10-12% at some polling stations. Kashif Mushtaq, however, reported it to be as low as 2% at others. Counting is now underway in polling stations where no more voters are queued up waiting for their turn to cast their ballots. According to unofficial results obtained from 46 out of 276 polling stations, PML-N’s Miftah Ismail is in the lead, with TLP’s Nazeer Ahmed and PPP’s Abdul Qadir Mandokhel close behind. Polling arrangements To ensure a large voter turnout, the Sindh government declared a public holiday today (Thursday, April 29) for NA-249 constituents. The ECP deployed special staff for strict implementation of coronavirus guidelines during the… Read full this story
- Bullish parties junk exit polls, claim their own victory
- İYİ Party head Akşener says she hopes to become Turkey’s first ever woman president
- Lebanon heads to polls in a long-delayed vote with low expectations, big divides
- Iraqis head to polls in first parliamentary election since Daesh defeat
- Opposition party heading for landslide victory in Barbados election
- Royal Academy hosts party heads as they discuss campaign platforms
- The Democrat party and its leftward drift
- Talal Ch termed Narowal incident as 'attack on head of political party'
- All eyes on Governor as Karnataka throws fractured mandate
- Karnataka polls: JD-S and Congress come together
- Anti-Abortion Rights Campaign Concedes Defeat in Irish Referendum After Polls Indicate 'Yes' Landslide
- Karnataka polls: JD (S) promises farm loan waiver in its manifesto
NA-249: All eyes on Karachi as major parties go head to head in by-poll have 319 words, post on www.thenews.com.pk at April 29, 2021. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.