THE Queen will carry on serving the country after the death of her beloved husband as she stands by her vows to “devote her whole life” to the UK. The Duke of Edinburgh , who had been married to the Queen for 73 years and was described as her constant strength, passed away “peacefully” at Windsor Castle on Friday morning. * Read our live blog for the very latest news on Prince Philip’s death … Philip had dedicated his life to the Queen and died just before his 100th birthday in June this year. Now the Queen, for the first time in 73 years, will be forced to face the family's ups and downs without her rock by her side . Although the prospect of continuing her reign is likely to be daunting without her husband’s devoted companionship, she will continue to serve the country. According to a lady-in-waiting, the Queen will stand by the vows she made at her Coronation – “my whole life, whether it be long or short, shall be devoted to your service”. “Obviously there will be a gap while she is getting over it, but she has faced the possibility in her own mind and the… Read full this story
- Queen sees Prince William, Kate Middleton and their three children at Balmoral in socially distanced family reunion as they meet for the first time since March
- Telling it like it is! What Prince Philip REALLY thinks about black sheep Royals is revealed by the biographer so close to the Firm that Diana confided in her that she 'hated' the Duke and Fergie told about a toxic dinner row with him
- Royal family releases 1945 throwback snap of Prince Philip from when he was First Lieutenant aboard HMP Whelp that saved Japanese PoWs at end of WWII to mark 75 years since VJ Day
- Queen caused public outrage after Diana's death by refusing to come to London
- The Queen is very keen to return to normal and wants to get back to work in London, insider claims
- What the Queen Really Thinks of Donald Trump
- One's first video call: Behind-the-scenes moment Princess Anne teaches her mother the Queen how to use the technology - in a sneak peek of upcoming ITV documentary to mark her 70th birthday
- The Phil good factor: Duke of Edinburgh looks back to his best beaming alongside the Queen in Princess Beatrice wedding picture
- Prince Harry ‘upset’ he ‘can’t make it’ to Balmoral with Prince William and Kate as Meghan Markle is ‘too busy’ to care
- Queen holds socially distanced reunion with Prince William, Kate and the kids at Balmoral
- Prince Charles ‘to take on role as Prince Regent’: Heir to the throne meets his father to discuss taking control of family affairs as Queen, 93, prepares to ‘retire’ within 18 months
- 'I've Made a Documentary About Queen Elizabeth II's Private Life'
Queen will carry on after Prince Philip’s death as her vow to ‘devote whole life to her country’ are ‘still with her’ have 463 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at April 10, 2021. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.