We're now in the decade of ambient computing — and if you didn't notice, that's part of the plan. Ambient computing is all about A.I. decisions made without human involvement, and it has big implications for the world of technology. Here's everything you need to know about this exciting new field of computing. Ambient computing history and definition Ambient computing is a broad term that describes an environment of smart devices, data, A.I. decisions, and human activity that enables computer actions alongside everyday life, without the need for direct human commands or intervention. Essentially, computers quietly take care of stuff in the background. The phrase was coined in the 1990s but first became prominent in the mid-2010s. Even then, it wasn't until around 2018 that it turned into a buzzword regularly used by Google, HP, and organizations throughout Silicon Valley. In 2020, thought leaders assumed it would, at last, be the big year of ambient computing . Things weren't that simple, but ambient computing is certainly having a moment, as both a growing factor in many strategic business decisions and an impetus for smart home branding. The harder you look, the more you can see signs of ambient computing just… Read full this story
- HP Chromebook 14 Review
- Opinion: Smartphone market challenges raise major questions
- Amazon and Food Network want to prove the future of kitchen tech is in smart displays
- AI voice assistants reinforce harmful gender stereotypes, new UN report says
- The new Pixel is the iPhone’s peer. But Android is flailing
- Your Guide to Japanese Capsule Hotels
- VR headset company Fove is betting on eye tracking to compete
- Terre rare e inquinamento: chi paga il prezzo ambientale per la produzione di auto elettriche?
- Here Are the Most Interesting Features I Found in a $93,000 BMW X7
- MINI 50 Mayfair, Camden Launch With "Mission Control"
- 2021 Aston Martin DBX Debuts With 542-HP V8, $192,986 Starting Price
- 2020 Audi Q7 Facelift Reveals Small Changes Outside, More Within
What is ambient computing? have 326 words, post on www.digitaltrends.com at April 10, 2021. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.