Source: Jamie Street/Unsplash What’s weighing you down? The Practice: Why? On the path of life, most of us are hauling way too much weight. What’s in your own backpack? If you’re like most of us, you’ve got too many items on each day’s To Do list and too much stuff in the closet. Too many entanglements with other people. And too many “shoulds,” worries, guilts, and regrets. Remember a time when you lightened your load. Maybe a backpacking trip when every needless pound stayed home. Or after you finally left a bad relationship. Or just stopped worrying about something. Or came clean with a friend about something that had been bothering you. How did this feel? Probably pretty great. Sure, we are no longer nomadic hunter-gatherers whose possessions could be carried in one hand. You know what you really need in this life; personally, I’m glad about good friends and a full refrigerator. But all the extra physical and mental stuff you lug around complicates your life, weighs you down, and keeps you stuck. There’s enough weightiness in life as it is without adding more. Putting this subject in a larger framework, consider the Hindu idea that God has three… Read full this story
- Coldplay Get Admirably Real on the Organically Expansive ‘Everyday Life’
- Book gives tips on how to succeed in everyday life, work
- Ten years with Travellers: Photographer is granted rare access to Irish Travellers and spends a decade documenting everyday life from weddings to funerals
- The Undervalued Power of Experiencing Love in Everyday Life
- How AI is Transforming Life at Home by Thinking of You
- Brooklyn Beckham a barista? It's real life, but not as we know it
- Coldplay: Everyday Life review – uneasy listening
- Family Life by Akhil Sharma review – an unhappy emigration
- The Everyday Sexism campaign risks making all sexual advances 'misogynist'
- Are YOU ready to be a parent? From tea parties with dad to toddlers stuck in the toilet, hilarious photos reveal the reality of life with children
- Bruce Dickinson on Life in and Out of Iron Maiden, Surviving Cancer
- Coldplay Would Like to Save the World With Vagueness
Be Less Serious About Everyday Life have 352 words, post on www.psychologytoday.com at May 3, 2021. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.