BRITS will tomorrow head to the polls to vote in a bumper crop of local elections that mark major tests for Boris Johnson and Sir Keir Starmer. Dubbed “Super Thursday”, ballots will be cast for the Scottish and Welsh parliaments, regional mayors and a crunch by-election in Hartlepool. Follow the latest local elections 2021 stories Keep up-to-date on the 2021 London mayoral election More than 5,000 council seats are also up for grabs , along with a handful of local police and crime commissioners. Sir Keir, who is facing the country for the first time as Labour leader, is desperate to claw back voters in the party’s traditional strongholds that switched to the Tories at the 2019 General Election. But recent polling projects the PM to make further inroads at what’s left of the Red Wall. The future of the United Kingdom is also at stake as Nicola Sturgeon looks to clinch an SNP majority to demand another independence referendum. Such ramifications mean that, despite the thousands of contests across the country, attention on tomorrow’s elections will zero in on a clutch of key battlegrounds. HARTLEPOOL Both main parties will be anxiously awaiting the by-election result in Hartlepool, where voters… Read full this story
- Nike eyes possible sponsorship of Rio Olympics
- Jason Whitlock does London
- Column: Damn the money, Olympics renew east London
- London Olympics mascots: menacing or magic?
- London Games will outdo Beijing because of freedom
- El Moutawakel and Reedie elected IOC VPs
- London mayor Johnson tours Cape Town slums
- The new Olympic sport: Mall opens near London site
- New Olympic challenge: Bike riding through London
- London showcases Olympic venues with 2 years to go
- Olympic host city under scrutiny amid London riots
- Point man Coe silent on London riots
Local elections 2021: The key battlegrounds to keep an eye out for from Hartlepool to London have 278 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at May 5, 2021. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.