Pandemics, like wildfires, need to be extinguished quickly, otherwise they spiral out of control. Pfizer's policies in regard to the allocation and pricing of its COVID-19 vaccine have brought the developing world to the brink of an enormous humanitarian catastrophe and has exposed rich countries to serious risks in the time to come. COVAX: COVID Vaccine for All The entire world had endured the trauma of COVID–19 through all of 2020. It was plainly evident that when a vaccine became available, there would be a mad frenzy to get to the front of the line—a line of over five billion people. Recognising this, the World Health Organisation, in partnership with GAVI, the Vaccine Alliance, had established COVAX in the spring of 2020 to ensure a "fair and equitable" distribution of vaccines to all countries. The essence of the plan was for COVAX to procure two billion doses of the COVID vaccine. It would provide the first 20 percent of each country's requirements in 2021, to cover the most vulnerable people in all countries. It established prices of US $1, 2, and 3 per dose depending upon the income level of the recipient country. Pfizer Goes to Town Following the FDA… Read full this story
- Serum Institute to price Covid-19 vaccine at less than Rs 250 per dose
- US inks $1.5 billion deal with drugmaker Moderna for 100 million doses of its COVID-19 vaccine, sending its stock rising 11%
- 3 Covid-19 vaccine candidates set to enter final stage of trial. Here’s everything you need to know about them
- Pre-orders of Covid-19 vaccine top five billion
- Debate Begins for Who's First in Line for COVID-19 Vaccine
- U.S. inks $1.5 billion deal with Moderna for 100 million doses of COVID-19 vaccine
- 300-400 mn doses of Oxford’s Covid-19 vaccine to be ready by Dec: Serum Institute
- CNN's New Sweetheart: Who's the Russian 'Doctor' Trashing Moscow's COVID-19 Vaccine?
- These 3 Covid-19 vaccines have been in the news. Here's what you need to know about them
- Who gets the COVID-19 vaccine first? US health chiefs to publish guidance next month on how they could ration the first critical doses - and admit that tens of millions will be not be happy
- Trump: COVID-19 vaccine may be ready 'right around' Election Day
- Who should be the first in line for Covid-19 vaccine? Experts debate
Pfizer’s Reckless Policy on Allocation & Pricing of COVID-19 Vaccine Endangers the World have 374 words, post on www.news18.com at May 14, 2021. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.