This is a wrap of several stories from China for 19 May 2021. (CNN) As vaccination hesitancy slows inoculation rates in some Western countries, China is going into overdrive. Over 400 million doses of Covid-19 vaccines have now been administered in China, according to the National Health Commission — more than in the United States, the United Kingdom and Germany combined. Of course, 400 million doses doesn’t even cover half of China’s population of 1.4 billion people, but the vaccination rate is speeding up. Chinese authorities announced the first 100 million people had been vaccinated on March 27 . After that, it took another 26 days to reach 200 million, and then 17 days to hit 300 million. The latest 100 million doses were given in just nine days. Workers sort vials of the Sinovac Covid-19 vaccine. While there has been a concerted push for vaccines by the central government and local authorities, that campaign has been helped recently by another factor — fear. Read More Anhui and Liaoning provinces have both seen a large spike in vaccinations over the past two weeks, following small local outbreaks of Covid-19 — 17 and 25 cases, respectively. But that was all it… Read full this story
- Vaccination: Blessing of Science or Deception and Harm?
- Meningitis Vaccinations Requirements Around The World
- The Fresh Chef
- Cybercriminals are just businessmen at heart
- Live in London: Day 6
- This Native American Tribe Turned To Ancestral Farming Practices To Combat A Health Crisis
- Final Fantasy VII for iOS is a quirky classic of a role-playing game
- VON reporter's notebook: Contactlovedones.org helps displaced Katrina victims
- Could This Acid Prevent Another Flu Outbreak?
- The Shoe Believer
- Apple Watch: The Complete History Of Smartwatches And The Apple Watch
- When the Warrior Returns Home
With 100M inoculations in just 9 days, a fresh batch of Covid cases finally helped China combat vaccine hesitancy have 269 words, post on edition.cnn.com at May 19, 2021. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.