New Delhi: Ending the uncertainty over the Class 12 board exams, a high-level review held by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday decided to cancel the examinations conducted by CBSE due to the Covid-19 situation across the country much to the relief of lakhs of students and their parents as well as teachers. The Council for Indian School Certificate Examinations, a private board that conducts the Class 12 ISC exams, followed suit. An official release said the Prime Minister held that the health and safety of students is of utmost importance and there would be no compromise on this aspect and that it was necessary to end anxiety among students, parents and teachers. The government had earlier in April cancelled the CBSE Class 10 exams. According to board sources, Class 12 results will reflect the “well-defined objective criteria” developed by the board for Class 10 where assessment will be done based on the marks scored by a student in the different tests and exams conducted during the year. “Among the options being worked out is to whether the assessment should be based on performances in the final exams of the previous three classes (9, 10, 11) or give a certain… Read full this story
- With class 10 and most class 12 exams over, CBSE hopes guidelines will allow it to evaluate
- Covid-19: Centre directs states to assign 'unique identifier' to contracted or suspected individuals
- COVID-19: Africa's clerics send mixed messages to followers
- Kiran Nadar says it is going to be a tough journey for art world, talks about Covid-19’s impact on ‘virtual’ museums
- Number of COVID-19 cases in Vietnam reaches 245
- Nobel winner Abhijit Banerjee in Mamata Banerjee’s Covid-19 policy team
- COVID-19: Why many more are dying in Mumbai
- Covid-19 state tally: Cases inch toward 900 in Maharashtra, Tripura reports first patient
- Hanoi flower village withers in Covid-19 season
- Covid-19: ICAI allows Class 12 students appearing for board exams to provisionally register for Foundation course
- Class X exams unlikely to be cancelled in T.N.
- Govt plans to create ‘larger force’ to tackle Covid-19, online training to be launched
Covid-19: Centre cancels CBSE Class 12 exams, CISCE follows suit have 329 words, post on timesofindia.indiatimes.com at June 2, 2021. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.