Getty Images The Phoenix Suns didn’t have to devote any attention to Andre Drummond in their series-clinching Game 6 victory over the Los Angeles Lakers . He didn’t even see the floor, benched in favor of Montrezl Harrell and Marc Gasol, whom he had once replaced in the starting lineup. Drummond’s scoring, rebounding and athleticism appealed to a Lakers team just trying to stay afloat in the middle of the season, so they gave him Gasol’s job despite outscoring opponents by 13.4 points per 100 possessions when he shared the floor with LeBron James and Anthony Davis . At some point in his distant past as a broadcaster, Las Vegas Raiders coach Jon Gruden visited Indianapolis Colts training camp with his ESPN co-worker Ron Jaworski and noticed a trend he found disturbing. The Colts gave hardly any practice reps to Peyton Manning’s backup quarterbacks. So, as Jaworski explained in his book, The Games that Changed the Game , they asked then-Colts offensive coordinator Tom Moore why that was, and he gave a response that doubled as some of the most practical life advice a coach could ever give. “Fellas,” he explained. “If No. 18 goes down we’re f—–, and we… Read full this story
- Kobe Bryant Offers Advice to LeBron James After His Disastrous First Season with the Lakers
- LeBron James Welcomes Don Cheadle to Space Jam 2
- Lakers’ LeBron James Won’t Play Without Fans As NBA – And NCAA – Mull Coronavirus Contingency Plans
- NBA rumors: Lakers have done enough to convince Anthony Davis to re-sign in 2020 free agency
- Los Angeles Lakers star Anthony Davis puts epic mansion with waterslides and basketball court up for sale
- In ongoing Michael Jordan vs. LeBron James comparison, both players are more similar than you think
- Michael Jordan and LeBron James are more similar than you think
- 2019 NBA Mock Draft: Virginia's De'Andre Hunter is best option for Pelicans at No. 4 after Anthony Davis trade to Lakers
- Did Lakers help keep LeBron James in Cleveland with trade?
- Report: ‘No way’ Pelicans will trade Anthony Davis to Lakers
- While playing for Pelicans, Kendrick Perkins sold Anthony Davis on LeBron James, Rich Paul
- Report: Pelicans owner Gayle Benson would trade Anthony Davis to Lakers ‘over my dead body’
Lakers offseason preview: How Los Angeles can rebuild a championship roster around LeBron James, Anthony Davis have 361 words, post on www.cbssports.com at June 16, 2021. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.